Thread: Contagiousness of covid

Contagiousness of covid

Hi all, my mum tested positive for covid last Sunday - 10th, but she was feeling ill on Friday 8th.

We were due to go on holiday with her, my brother and his wife tomorrow. However my mum still has a faint line today, I know some people who've been positive for 10 days or so.

I came down to stay with her last weekend as I was helping her with housework, so I have stayed with her all week to avoid passing it to my partner and my children. I have tested negative all week so far.

So now we have a tricky decision, do we all go away together, even though my mum is still showing a positive result, although probably less contagious now. My partner is the most nervous in all of this because our youngest fell ill with liver inflammation a few months ago - like the cases in the news, and we don't know if that was covid related or not. But a lot of reports are claiming it was an adenovirus, which she tested positive for during her illness.

Any advice how contagious my mum is likely to be? It will 10 days tomorrow that she began to feel ill.

Re: Contagiousness of covid

I personally wouldn’t go away. Your wife is usually the more level headed one, and if she’s reluctant then I would listen to her.

I’m sorry about your MumI hope she feels better soon. Are you going in the UK? Could you follow on once she’s negative?

Ps. In schools on day 10 the kids are allowed to go back regardless of test result as long as they are better & don’t have a temperature.

Thanks Scass. Yes within the Uk and only 3 hours away, so we could follow up. However my brother has spoken about faking a negative test to put my partners mind at ease. So not sure if I would trust them if they messaged and said my mum was negative!

It will be day 10 for my mum tomorrow since symptoms started and she has been symptom free for 2 days now, but still testing positive.

Very frustrating, especially as this is the first holiday we have planned for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Hi all, my mum tested positive for covid last Sunday - 10th, but she was feeling ill on Friday 8th.

We were due to go on holiday with her, my brother and his wife tomorrow. However my mum still has a faint line today, I know some people who've been positive for 10 days or so.

I came down to stay with her last weekend as I was helping her with housework, so I have stayed with her all week to avoid passing it to my partner and my children. I have tested negative all week so far.

So now we have a tricky decision, do we all go away together, even though my mum is still showing a positive result, although probably less contagious now. My partner is the most nervous in all of this because our youngest fell ill with liver inflammation a few months ago - like the cases in the news, and we don't know if that was covid related or not. But a lot of reports are claiming it was an adenovirus, which she tested positive for during her illness.

Any advice how contagious my mum is likely to be? It will 10 days tomorrow that she began to feel ill.
    Dr JC said in yesterday's video that there's a number of cases of hepatitis in children ATM. Mostly in the UK, but a few cases across mainland Europe and also in Alabama in the USA.

Speculated to be (partially) a by-product of the Covid pandemic due to people not mixing as much owing to many of the restrictions of the past 2 years.

Whilst I don't mean to sound paranoid nor scare anyone on here, I really hope this isn't the beginning of something far more sinister, e.g, the next 'big' global pandemic, plus the thought of potentially having to go through many of the rigmaroles of 2020-early 2021 all over again?

BTW, Dr JC never mentioned anything about any confirmed cases of this 'hepatitis' bug in adults as yet.

My son is now negative but he had a couple of days with a faint line beforehand. A line is a line so I reckon a faint one means it’s on the way out, it’s still there to a degree. He treated himself as positive until it had completely gone.

Ghost…Spillways

Thread Information