Thread: Bright red when I wiped. Panicking

Bright red when I wiped. Panicking

Hi all, I am a 31 male who has had on and off health anxiety for more than a decade.

Now this isn't the first time it happened, but just a while ago, I pooped this evening and when I wiped, there was some amount of blood on the tissue paper. Not just drops, but a huge smudge of it. It wasn't dripping or anything, but it was enough to freak me out.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the poop itself because I had already flushed it before I wiped. Believe it or not, I have developed this habit of not looking at my stool and just flushing them immediately because I have this tendency to overanalyze it from the consistency, color, texture, etc.

I've tried to make it a habit to only look at the stool if I have other abdominal symptoms.
    Now I kinda regret it because I wasn't able to check if the poop was the usual brown or was it bloody or tarry black.

Anyway, I know that my issue is most likely caused by benign things like anal tears or piles, but I cannot help but think the worst.

For the record, I have done some things recently:

1. My partner and I have recently tried anal stuff in sex like fingering and putting small toys. Sorry if this is TMI, but not sure if I had bled during those times. The last time we did it was three weeks ago which I guess was already too long ago if I only noticed the bright red blood on the tissue paper tonight (tho there might be a chance I did not notice it). We haven't done it since and we probably won't do it anytime soon.

2. For almost two weeks, I've tried reducing the amount of food I take because I want to lose more weight.

3. Bowel movement has been okay so far.

Right now, I just keep reading how the big C is becoming more prevalent among younger people like me. :( I am just so damn anxious at the mere thought of anticipating my next poop, thinking ahead it might be bloody or black once I take a look. :(

If anything, I'll go to the doctors soon if I experience it with other symptoms. But right now, I do NOT have any other symptoms related to the gut or bowel movement.

It's going to be a tough week for me due to work and I don't want my health anxiety to ruin things further. :( Anybody else experienced this and it turned out to be nothing? Thank you.

Re: Bright red when I wiped. Panicking

I had a smear of fresh blood on Saturday. I've got piles (well one that I know of, his name is Pete). Occasionally he let's his presence be known, then settles back down for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I had a smear of fresh blood on Saturday. I've got piles (well one that I know of, his name is Pete). Occasionally he let's his presence be known, then settles back down for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Thank you. I hope you feel better now.

I just pooped today and it was mostly dark brown and green. However, I saw red streaks attached on the side which I honestly don’t know if it was blood or what. When I wiped there was no more blood on the tissue paper.

So scared:(

I honestly feel it is piles, go and see your GP and get it confirmed.

Thank you Catkins.
    I'm having the scope tomorrow and I am deathly scared of the results. I fear they will confirm something like the big C or a chronic condition. I am so close to backing out.

Don't back out. There's a good chance it isn't anything serious.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Thread Information