Thread: White spot/lump on tonsil

White spot/lump on tonsil

Hi everyone!

I’m in a bad place atm I’m currently worrying about a white spot on my left tonsil. I first found it back in January and initially worried about it but showed my partner who didn’t think much of it so I left it and stopped worrying. However this past week I don’t know why but my mind has gone into overdrive and I’ve started worrying about it a lot thinking it might be cancer and I’ve left it too long now :( I’ve called my doctor but I’m waiting a call back tomorrow morning. The spot doesn’t cause me any bother at all it’s just there. I don’t know if it’s maybe a tonsil stone but I can always get them out and they are never on the larger side for me. I’ve tried pushing on it with an ear bud but nothing happens plus it makes me gag so I don’t like doing it. Another option could be a cyst. I don’t know I’m just worried that I’ve left it four months without having it checked and it could be something more serious.
    When I searched Google (yes I know bad idea) I haven’t seen cancer being related to a white spot on tonsil and I don’t have any related symptoms to tonsil cancer. My health anxiety brain is really annoying me I just want to know it’s nothing to worry about so I can get on with life. Supposed to be going away next week for my birthday but this is bringing me down. I’m also scared that if the doctor can’t give an answer and has to refer me the waiting for that will send me over the edge. Waiting for a referral is what brought my health anxiety on in the first instance so I really don’t want that to ever happe again.
    Don’t know what I’m asking for on here maybe some kind words and reassurance.
    Thank you in advance x

Re: White spot/lump on tonsil

Wow not even one reply LOL
    Still waiting for my doctor to call me. Just feel so hopeless right now. All I want to know is if it’s something so worry about or not. Can’t relax until I know

I don’t think you have to worry at all. I’m sure the doctor will agree with me here. White spots on the tonsils with no other symptoms aren’t a red flag (though I am not a medical professional, I’m sure your doctor will say likewise). I understand the panic. I’m in the middle of a panic myself. Take care!

I've had white spots on my tonsils for years. One bigger than the other too. Been that way for at least 5 years and hasn't changed or anything like that. Totally normal.

Thought I would update this thread. The white spot ended up disappearing about 4 to 5 months later. I only realised because I remembered I had a white spot there and thought I’d have a nosey and it wasn’t even there lol couldn’t believe it. Still don’t know what it was! Bodies are bizarre!

I have a slightly white spot with maybe a little yellowing on it on my tonsil. I poked and prodded it the last time it was there and guess what it fell out and smelt like absolute death lol it was a tonsil stone not saying this is what you have but it sounds like it IMO. Another one has reappeared but leaving it alone this time

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

Thread Information