Thread: Was doing ok but anxiety is through the damn roof feeling in throat pnuemonia worries

Was doing ok but anxiety is through the damn roof feeling in throat pnuemonia worries

So i posted here a few days ago I'm on day 9 now and 6 from when i actually tested positive still positive did an lft earlier. So my issue is for the past i'd say 4 or 5 days had the post nasal drip feeling running down the back of the throat it's usually worse in the mornings but today it hasn't let up. So sometimes when i get i can feel like a rattle but not sure if it's from my chest area or the sesnsation in the back of my throat and everytime it happens my anxiety goes through the roof. Not really had any tiredness, breathlessness or a bad cough really throughout all of it. I did work on my car a bit yesterday but now I'm scared In case I may have over done it and it's got worse. Weird thing is i've been coughing more today it's not fits or anything like that but just tickly throat and then one or two coughs every now and then. Anyway I have this obsession at the moment of just putting my hand on my chest and breathing in and out to see if i can feel anything on my chest I haven't yet also when i've stood up and felt that sensation i can't feel anything. But I'm still worried that it could possibly go to my chest and cause pnuemonia how bad does a cough have to be? At the moment I'd say I'm a wreck I can't focus on anything going outside isn't even calming me down these are by far the worst panic attacks I've had in years i thought I'd beaten it but no not even close.

I have two sides right now the logical side telling me that everything will be fine it's just post nasal drip and you can't just instantly get pneumonia and the anxiety side telling me that is possible for that to happen and i'll just become breathless instantly. All I've really been doing thus week is going out for a drive on my own in my car that seems to be the only thing that calms me down but that hasn't worked today.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid of this post nasal drip feeling in my throat or at least make it less apparent? Would you generally be free and clear of any of these worries by day 9?

Re: Was doing ok but anxiety is through the damn roof feeling in throat pnuemonia wor

When I had it a few weeks ago I didn't get the awful sinus issues until about day 6 or 7 and the cough came at the end after the fever and other symptoms were going. I had the cough then loss of taste last. The cough is still lingering now three weeks later along with the post nasal drip but it never turned into anything.

Re: Was doing ok but anxiety is through the damn roof feeling in throat pnuemonia wor

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    So i posted here a few days ago I'm on day 9 now and 6 from when i actually tested positive still positive did an lft earlier. So my issue is for the past i'd say 4 or 5 days had the post nasal drip feeling running down the back of the throat it's usually worse in the mornings but today it hasn't let up. So sometimes when i get i can feel like a rattle but not sure if it's from my chest area or the sesnsation in the back of my throat and everytime it happens my anxiety goes through the roof. Not really had any tiredness, breathlessness or a bad cough really throughout all of it. I did work on my car a bit yesterday but now I'm scared In case I may have over done it and it's got worse. Weird thing is i've been coughing more today it's not fits or anything like that but just tickly throat and then one or two coughs every now and then. Anyway I have this obsession at the moment of just putting my hand on my chest and breathing in and out to see if i can feel anything on my chest I haven't yet also when i've stood up and felt that sensation i can't feel anything. But I'm still worried that it could possibly go to my chest and cause pnuemonia how bad does a cough have to be? At the moment I'd say I'm a wreck I can't focus on anything going outside isn't even calming me down these are by far the worst panic attacks I've had in years i thought I'd beaten it but no not even close.

I have two sides right now the logical side telling me that everything will be fine it's just post nasal drip and you can't just instantly get pneumonia and the anxiety side telling me that is possible for that to happen and i'll just become breathless instantly. All I've really been doing thus week is going out for a drive on my own in my car that seems to be the only thing that calms me down but that hasn't worked today.
    Is there anything i can do to get rid of this post nasal drip feeling in my throat or at least make it less apparent? Would you generally be free and clear of any of these worries by day 9?
    Ahh ok, i hope it doesn't last 3 weeks the only thing i have panic alarms now i breath out with force i can feel a slight wheeze nothing when breathing in and out as normal or deep mouth breathing i have to really basically breath out hard to feel it but it is there and that's got me worried. Is it even possible to feel fine all week up to day 9 and 10 and then take a massive down turn or do you rekon it would have progressively got worse and worse

edit: Can axniety give you these physical sensations
    Last edited by Lockey1995; 23-04-22 at 18:56.

Thread Information