Thread: Stomach fear and shaking

Stomach fear and shaking

Hi, I posted a few years back hoping that someone may have the same symptoms as me, When I try to sleep or on waking I get the most awful feeling in my stomach like its twisting and spasming, fear is the only way I can describe it, it's so awful, I also shake uncontrollable, this can last anything from 2 to 6 days, I cant eat as I feel so sick, my work is suffering, I've had this for years but in the last 5 or so years has got more frequent and intense, when I was younger I got them about 4 times a year but now its almost every month, I've seen 2 neurologists, one said anxiety and the other said migraines, I do occasionally get a headache, can anybody relate to these symptoms?
    Thanks for listening x

Re: Stomach fear and shaking

Quote Originally Posted by lorandian View Post
    Hi, I posted a few years back hoping that someone may have the same symptoms as me, When I try to sleep or on waking I get the most awful feeling in my stomach like its twisting and spasming, fear is the only way I can describe it, it's so awful, I also shake uncontrollable, this can last anything from 2 to 6 days, I cant eat as I feel so sick, my work is suffering, I've had this for years but in the last 5 or so years has got more frequent and intense, when I was younger I got them about 4 times a year but now its almost every month, I've seen 2 neurologists, one said anxiety and the other said migraines, I do occasionally get a headache, can anybody relate to these symptoms?
    Thanks for listening x
    Funnily enough, I'm having these exact same issues right now (and incidentally so is my dad). I often wonder what is really at the bottom of it all?

Certain food intolerances?

Knock-on effects from other (non-stomach-related) things, such as swallowing catarrh/mucus, especially with the pollen count being high of late and the resulting allergies?

Psychosomatic disorder?

And not forgetting that we seem to be constantly bombarded with endless tales of viruses/bugs doing the rounds a lot more now than ever before (Covid aside), whenever there's an outbreak of say, Norovirus, the media almost always seem to have a field day over it like it's some kind of impending 'Armageddon' situation, which IMO really exploits and takes the Michael out of the serious emetophobics and the like out there!

Surely there's always been Norovirus-like stomach bugs ever since the dawn of humanity, but as with nearly everything nowadays, it seemingly has to be given a 'label' that often inadvertently becomes an perpetual 'buzzword'!

Plus of course I think most people tended to keep schtum about such things a lot more before the 2000s, and unlike now, didn't previously make such a big deal of such things.

But at least you're not alone in having such issues, which I often thought I was for many years.

Re: Stomach fear and shaking

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Funnily enough, I'm having these exact same issues right now (and incidentally so is my dad). I often wonder what is really at the bottom of it all?

Certain food intolerances?

Knock-on effects from other (non-stomach-related) things, such as swallowing catarrh/mucus, especially with the pollen count being high of late and the resulting allergies?

Psychosomatic disorder?

And not forgetting that we seem to be constantly bombarded with endless tales of viruses/bugs doing the rounds a lot more now than ever before (Covid aside), whenever there's an outbreak of say, Norovirus, the media almost always seem to have a field day over it like it's some kind of impending 'Armageddon' situation, which IMO really exploits and takes the Michael out of the serious emetophobics and the like out there!

Surely there's always been Norovirus-like stomach bugs ever since the dawn of humanity, but as with nearly everything nowadays, it seemingly has to be given a 'label' that often inadvertently becomes an perpetual 'buzzword'!

Plus of course I think most people tended to keep schtum about such things a lot more before the 2000s, and unlike now, didn't previously make such a big deal of such things.

But at least you're not alone in having such issues, which I often thought I was for many years.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's just nice to know I'm not alone

Thread Information