Thread: Blood in stool

Blood in stool

Hey there, I am totally freaking out! I have been having blood in stools around 2/3 times a week for just under a year, I have 3 or so piles which come out whenever I am sitting on the toilet, I don't really ever have constipation, my stools are always very very lose (been this way for as long as I can remember) I have some mucus mixed in, I have brought 4 FOB tests from amazon (checks for blood in stool) and 3 out of 4 came back positive (really really faint!) I did one last year too which was positive, doctor asked last year for a picture of my piles which I sent and she just told me to use over the counter meds, But they have never left, I have a lot of gas and my tummy is so loud! I am very very over weight and sit all day at a desk for work (trying to tell myself this is why I have piles and am bleeding from them!) But I am 95% sure I have cancer, its consumed my life, granddad died of bowl cancer 25 years ago, anyone has anything like this and it turned out to not be cancer? Please help x

Re: Blood in stool

Hi Laura,

Piles seem to be the likely culprit. Especially if you have a long standing problem with them.

I totally understand the anxiety around the bleeding. Could you go and talk to your GP about it? Maybe a quick examination could put your mind at rest?

Thread Information