Thread: Off my meds (Accidentally) and a bit opinionated

Off my meds (Accidentally) and a bit opinionated

Sorry, Admins, I know I've started too many threads lately and I don't know whether this belongs in Misc or the meds section.

Anyway, I was going to change from picking my prescription up from the local pharmacy to having it delivered free via an online pharmacy, but then I decided this was disloyal and tried to cancel my subscription with the online pharmacy. I figured they didn't have my card details so this would be okay and I'd carry on doing things the usual way. Oops, no, wrong, it just meant that nobody had my prescription and now I'm having to spend a week or so unmedicated.

I'm dizzy, nauseous and getting shaky every time I turn my head. Oh, and my thoughts feel like a jar of marbles being shaken by a toddler. Seriously, would not recommend. The only upside is that I no longer feel guilty about my sworn intention to stay on the citalopram until they pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Anyway, mental illness is awful, but what's worse is sitting around complaining about the world like we don't all have our problems to be dealing with. Life's tough and while there's nothing wrong with having an occasional wobble/wallow (Mr. Iris was particularly great today when I called him because I couldn't take the guilt of having bought a pasty to go with my lunchtime sandwiches), it's up to us to work out what we need and make the decisions that will help take us forward. For now, I'm trying very hard to forgive myself and am working on taking mindfulness breaks as needed. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

I really wish a bunch of people here who probably won't read this would make a start.

Re: Off my meds (Accidentally) and a bit opinionated

I'm the same with my tablets, I will happily take them for ever, although I have been considering a lower dose, considering, but not actually prepared to do anything about it yet.

Can they not issue you some emergency ones at your usual pharmacy? I'm sure I've heard of them doing that. That could be complete nonsense though, but worth a try?

Hang on in there, cut yourself loads of slack and if you have a pasty every day, it doesn't matter a jot!

BlueIris, Mr C had a mix up with his meds and had to reorder. He did this by phone. He was also anxious about side affect so he spoke to the pharmacist who explained that the meds would still be in his system even if he didn't take any for a week. Although he only had to wait a few days. I'm sure there's a mixture of anxiety and the mental thought of not having them that can bring on symptoms.
    I'd get on the phone to hurry the prescription through for peace of mind.

I've also just divulged in a chocolate, cream choux bun and have absolutely no guilt whatsoever.

Thanks, both. Back home now and going to put my feet up.

Put your feet up. Take a bath. Watch some crap on tv. You are awesome.

I think it's good not to feel that meds are the only thing keeping you afloat..and I hadn't noticed any difference in your posting style. You've always expressed your opinions in a constructive way and some things need to be said..

Thanks, Pulisa. Have been feeling a bit guilty today.

You were right to challenge.

Thread Information