Thread: Mucus. Colonoscopy. Preparing for the worst

Mucus. Colonoscopy. Preparing for the worst

I’m 35 years old for the past 6 months I have been passing excessive mucus, sometimes with stools, some times I had wind and it comes out alone. It’s been on and off but recently it’s everyday. My bowel habits have changed a lot sometimes loose sometimes tiny pebbles. Some days. Feeling of needing to go but nothing there. Stomach pains, these can vary daily. My stomach is so loud most of the time. I sometimes get an urgency. I’ve convinced myself of the worst possible outcome and I just don’t seem to be able to get out of it. Been referred for a colonoscopy and I’m just so scared of what they are going to find. The mucus varies in colour, it can be clear, orange, yellow and odd occasion brown.

I had a colonoscopy 9 years ago due to bleeding and a few other issues turned out to be internal piles, also had a sigmoidoscopy 4 years ago due to a large bleed and this was internal piles.

The colorectal doctor did an internal with finger and put a small camera and couldn’t see and significant piles so referred for colonoscopy.

The mucus is really getting to me, it’s taking over every aspect of my life.

Re: Mucus. Colonoscopy. Preparing for the worst

I am having a colonoscopy (first time) tomorrow as well and I am scared as hell. Just putting it out here that you are now alone.

Hi Annie

I had all these symptoms and it turned out to be ulcerative colitis. Not a nice condition to have admittedly but it wasn’t bowel cancer which was my worse fear.

It’s good you’re getting it checked out.

How did it go?

Just an update. As I know many have this issue. Colonoscopy all good only thing seen was some minor internal piles has been put down to IBS. All though I have noticed some foods do tend to make it worse. So trying to keep a food diary

Thread Information