Thread: Stomach problems/kidney problems over a month

Stomach problems/kidney problems over a month

Hello, haven't used this site in a while! Male, 27 y/o here. Over a month ago, I woke up with this painful tightness below my bellybutton and above my crotch. I called out from work and relaxed all day hoping it'd go away and it did. Sure I had my worries that it was appendicitis or something. The day after I was fine and while I'm not sure this part was even related, days after I started feeling sharp pains around my stomach and sides all leading down to my waist where I would also feel burns and pains. Last year I had a UTI for the first time and this is nowhere near as long as painful as that UTI but it felt similar so I took some at home tests for UTIs and both came out high on leukocytes so I went to the doctor.

At the doctors, they ran a test strip on me and it showed no bacteria and that I was clean, that was a relief but then why was it high on leukocytes? The pains and burns kept going, after so now I was uneasy knowing I have no idea why this is happening to me. To describe them, they're just sharp pokes at random parts but sometimes my stomach feels like it tightens up into a knot right below my pecs. Sometimes it feels tight around my waist by my hips above my groin. Nothing is like unbearably painful, it's more like tight and very much discomfort. I've also had PLENTY of acid reflux and burping and passing gas as well, and I've even had pooping issues, where it's just so hard to release any while when this first started I was in fact pooping a lot in a day, no difficulty and plentiful stools. I swear I've even felt bloating. When I eat, I sometimes tend to feel burning and this sharp feeling like I ate nails in my stomach for a short bit. I've even had bad back pains from the middle to the lower back but that could also be from my cashier job.

I've always had health anxiety for as far as I remember and all this stuff to me, just screams every day to me "it's your kidneys" " kidney infection" "the doctor's tests were wrong" "it's stomach/kidney cancer" and this anxiety I'm sure isn't helping at all. I've never had IBS before so I don't know what it's like but if I had to guess, it's this and I really hope so for my own mental health's sake. Thank you for your time!

Re: Stomach problems/kidney problems over a month

Some of the pains you’re describing as well as the gas and bloating sound a lot like mine when I was diagnosed with gallstones. Not saying that’s for sure your issue, but the tightening below the pecs and radiating to the back were my symptoms. I never had the pain go down low though.

Re: Stomach problems/kidney problems over a month

Did you find out what it was after ? You literally wrote word for word what I've been suffering, had a UTI 3 weeks ago confirmed. Cleared with macrobid and then 2 weeks later felt like it returned but felt different, pains are exactly the same. Back pain, flank pain and these odd twinges in the belly. I can only describe my side pain to like a stitch feeling.

Just had to send off my Urine culture.
    I'm adamant it's my kidneys. I did ask about gallstones and she said she'd look into that after urine culture comes back.

Health anxiety isn't helping but it's definitely there!
    Hope it cleared for you.

Thread Information