Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brest lump

Brest lump

Long story alert!
    Just when everything is perfect in life and you’re managing your anxieties well, along comes something to ruin it! 10 years ago I found a lump in right breast, this is when my HA started. Had all tests which were clear and told my right boob was very lumpy and I had fibroadenosis. I accepted and moved on but bounced from one HA to another with long periods of peace between dramas! Anyway, I’m now 46 and on Wednesday I was checking myself which possibly wasn’t the best time in the month to do it because they were really tender due to being due on my period this week. I know they always get tender, right more than left, and feel lumpier but now I’m panicking again. I’ve tried to remember what I was told about it being very lumpy and calm myself down by understanding that a week before your period is due isn’t good timing to be checking either. I’ve decided to wait to recheck until my period starts on Thursday and go from there. I’ve not checked them since because I don’t want to make it more swollen by constantly poking but it’s always there in the back of my mind dragging me in. I’m trying to be rational but then worry that by not having it checked by my Gp I’m wasting time. It is bank holiday so they’ll be closed and a week to wait I feel is sensible in terms of managing my HA instead of running to the GP. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Brest lump

I’m trying to be rational but then worry that by not having it checked by my Gp I’m wasting time.
    I think you have taken a very sensible approach in everything you've talked about here, given your background and the current situation. It won't 'waste time' , i.e. even if BCs are found, a few weeks here and there, often a few months here and there, make not much difference. Often people are diagnosed and have to wait several weeks before surgery (and thats after several weeks of waiting for the clinic, waiting for biopsy results, waiting for this and that ) and the surgeons don't worry that things will change and make a different prognosis. So, leaving a week and re-checking is perfectly reasonable, and some Drs would encourage that anyway.
    Last edited by Carys; 01-05-22 at 21:05.

Thankyou Cary’s. That’s reassuring that you feel the same. I’m keeping busy and trying not to think about it. It must be the only time in my life where I’m wishing for my period to hurry up 🤣

By the way I wasn't saying you had anything to worry about, just that the concept of 'wasting a week' isn't relevant. Well done you, on the approach!

So this morning I’ve woken up in abit of a panic. Although I’d left my boob for a few days, I had a feel and my lump feels really odd like maybe a ridge or tissue. My last lump ,from years ago was quite large and obvious and this one I can only really feel when I’m lying down flat or really deeply poking. Having said that, I’m not sure if my brain is trying to make things up if that makes sense! Don’t you just hate morning anxiety. My period should start today but I’m wondering if it might be late because of my anxious nerves etc. I’m trying to get on with day to day tuff but isn’t it awful how bad thoughts creep back in and sneak up and spoil things. I’ve just moved house, into my husbands dream house which he’s loved since he was 12! It’s about of a wreck inside but outside is beautiful. I’m in the woods with squirrels, my chickens and deer running through. I should be so happy but that’s health anxiety I guess, there to spoil things just when life’s perfect !

I’m day 3 of my period. I don’t think I can really feel what I felt before which I should be pleased about but my anxious mind tells me differently. I think it may be best if I make a GP appointment and let her decide which makes me panic as I’ve not been for such a long time but I don’t want to get into an avoidance situation.

Well I’ve asked for a GP appointment so I’ll see what they offer me. I’m nervous though ��

I’ve got an appointment at 10 today. Very nervous but she told me off for examining myself a week before my period ��

So the Dr examined me and could feel the lump. Her exact words were my hearts not sunk because I think it’s hormonal but I’ll refer you as a 2 week wait and to expect a long day at the clinic as it’s a one stop shop. I know I have to trust the Drs years of experience, and remember that when the same happened to me years ago, she said she thought it was fibroadenosis which it was. I’m hoping she’s right again. Not sure how I’m going to get through the next few weeks but after reading many posts on here it has brought me comfort and reassurance. Basically here I go again!

Good for you for seeing your GP, and I’m sorry no one has responded to you on here for a bit. Keep us posted after the clinic. I would also trust what she said in the meantime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information