Long story alert!
Just when everything is perfect in life and you’re managing your anxieties well, along comes something to ruin it! 10 years ago I found a lump in right breast, this is when my HA started. Had all tests which were clear and told my right boob was very lumpy and I had fibroadenosis. I accepted and moved on but bounced from one HA to another with long periods of peace between dramas! Anyway, I’m now 46 and on Wednesday I was checking myself which possibly wasn’t the best time in the month to do it because they were really tender due to being due on my period this week. I know they always get tender, right more than left, and feel lumpier but now I’m panicking again. I’ve tried to remember what I was told about it being very lumpy and calm myself down by understanding that a week before your period is due isn’t good timing to be checking either. I’ve decided to wait to recheck until my period starts on Thursday and go from there. I’ve not checked them since because I don’t want to make it more swollen by constantly poking but it’s always there in the back of my mind dragging me in. I’m trying to be rational but then worry that by not having it checked by my Gp I’m wasting time. It is bank holiday so they’ll be closed and a week to wait I feel is sensible in terms of managing my HA instead of running to the GP. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.