Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brest lump

Re: Brest lump

Quote Originally Posted by jules321 View Post
    Good for you for seeing your GP, and I’m sorry no one has responded to you on here for a bit. Keep us posted after the clinic. I would also trust what she said in the meantime.

thankyou Jules. I’m trying to trust what she says and keep it in my mind.
    lve woken up this morning very nervous.

anyone any tips on how to keep going?

I told my husband last night about my lump. He’s much calmer than me and always thinks of best case scenario. I wish I could be more like him, telling him took some weight off my shoulders. I think sometimes we forget to think of others when we suffer from anxiety. I’m trying to remember that it’s both of us going through bad times, not just me. Not sure if that sounds silly.

Hi there

I just thought I'd share what happened to me a couple of months ago. I was invited to my first breast screening in February at the age of 51. No history of any problems with my boobs at all, so I had no real anxieties. Just over 2 weeks later I had a letter in the post asking me back for further tests, the appointment they gave me was exactly a week later. The wording of the letter was incredibly scary, but they didn't say what the issue was. Well a day or so later I got continual nagging pain in the left one, it felt swollen, but I don't think I felt a lump (not that I wanted to check).

The day in March came around. I went to our local Breast Care department, very surreal. You can't run from it! You're doing yourself no favours if you don't confront it. I was called to the x-ray room, and yup, they wanted more done of the left, where the pain had been since getting the letter. Mercifully I didn't have to wait long to see the consultant who told me he thought it was a benign cyst which he wanted to aspirate. He couldn't feel anything even. Well you can imagine the relief, tears of joy. Another x-ray lead to the confirmation. As for the pain, he said that was entirely stress, thank you power of the mind.

I can really recommend joining a relevant Facebook page, you will get lots of positive and helpful support. I was already on Perimenopausal Hub, so many ladies had the same thing and were clear.

In terms of anxiety, well it's entirely rational to be worried, but SO COMMON. That would be my advice anyway, but keep us informed.

Thankyou violet blue. That must have been very scary. I’m glad it all worked out well for you. Thanks for replying.

despite being very nervous this morning I’ve had a chilled afternoon. I’m at work tomorrow and I’m going to have a chat with one of my colleagues who had a mastectomy last year in may. I’m sure I will benefit from her words of wisdom and experience. I know I’ve not been diagnosed with anything yet and hopefully I won’t be, but I might find her story reassuring if that makes sense.

Just a little update. I worked with a lovely colleague today who had a mastectomy last September. We chatted and she reassured me and gave me confidence in a worst case scenario. I was surprised when she said her operation was at 0930 and she was back home at 3pm the same day and walking her beloved dog the next morning with zero pain! Its amazing what our bodies can cope with.

I’ve not had an appointment letter yet, maybe they will just ring me like last time.

My appointment has come through. Next Thursday at 130. To say I’m nervous is an understatement. I was hoping it would be sooner just to get it out of the way but never mind at least I’m booked. Any tips to take my mind off it?

Hello Blonde

It's really good news they're not rushing you in to see you, a week wait is standard I think, I'm sure the more suspicious ones can be expedited within a day or so.

Just wait to hear it from the consultant you're clear as having friends and family tell you you'll be OK will be meaningless, you won't believe them.

Everyone at the breast care clinic are very nice and will have seen it all before.

I really would join a Facebook page if you haven't already, you'll find out how common all this is.

It'll go really quickly, good luck!

Thankyou for your advice. What FB groups would you suggest? As long as they’re not triggers?

Hi

Well I can recommend Perimenopausal Hub, the one I'm on. There's women far younger than you on there, they won't know if you're not actually perimenopausal (I joined aged 50). You can join, ask the question and leave if you want. If you say you are very nervous and ONLY want reassuring responses they'll understand and comply. I can't remember how many responses I had but I think over 20 women from Britain and America responded, all saying they were clear too. Remember your gp thinks it's probably hormonal, they really know their stuff.

As I say you still have to wait for the consultant on Thursday but you'll feel more positive.

I think you're dealing with this really well. 💕

Thankyou for the info. I’m at work this morning so I’ll look later. Just need to try and stay calm

Well it’s 2 more sleeps until my appointment.. I’m trying to stay positive and I stead of dreading my appointment, I’m trying to look forward to it and turn my anxiety into excitement in an attempt to trick my brain. I’m not sure it’s working because it’s waking me up with knots in my stomach and it’s the first thing I think of when I open my eyes. Waiting is definitely the hardest part

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information