Thread: Anybody else experience stomach/digestive issues?

Anybody else experience stomach/digestive issues?

I have had horrible cramps, some gas, which are off and on. I have shakes. My heart beats fast. My digestive system seems like it's on a rollercoaster. I have cramps and stomach ache. The problem is, it also makes me lose my appetite a bit too. I kind of want to eat, but can't be bothered to cook. I have been back n forth to the doctor a couple times.

I also have a urinary infection which I'm treating with antibiotics, so that just adds to my grief. It's so frustrating. I then get more health anxious and the the cycle continues. I can't say for certain it's anxiety, but I do suffer from anxiety and I end up in a vicious cycle where I worry so much, that I want to see the doctor all the time.

Re: Anybody else experience stomach/digestive issues?

There are literally pages and pages and pages of posts about this (check the bottom of the page and THIS).

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lol better question is when do I NOT have digestive issues. Between my terrible sleep, my anxiety and stress, and hormones, I always got something going on in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlexander88 View Post
    I have had horrible cramps, some gas, which are off and on. I have shakes. My heart beats fast. My digestive system seems like it's on a rollercoaster.
    This is me on a good day.

I also have a urinary infection which I'm treating with antibiotics,
    Urinary infection will make you feel shite and antibiotics muck about with the digestive system. Toss in some anxiety and it's no wonder you don't feel like eating, Mr A.

so that just adds to my grief. It's so frustrating. I then get more health anxious and the the cycle continues. I can't say for certain it's anxiety, but I do suffer from anxiety and I end up in a vicious cycle where I worry so much, that I want to see the doctor all the time.
    I'm experiencing brain-melt (this might be more me than you) I need to go and lie down.

If these digestive symptoms are new for you then I'd go with the urinary/antibiotics theory. Always look for the most logical reason. If you get digestive issues as part of your anxiety norm (IBS) then I'd say it's a combination of both? People who are scared don't want to eat because fear is quite the appetite suppressant and your body isn't designed to eat when stressed. Maybe chug down some Complan or fresh soup? That way you are still getting what your body needs and it's minimum effort in the kitchen. Peppermint tea will help with the gas. Ginger tea will help to settle your stomach down. Try and eat little but often..

What are you doing to address your health anxiety?

Thread Information