Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nic (NoMorePanic)

Re: Nic (NoMorePanic)

Oh no, Nic, that's awful. Hoping you are feeling better and go back to normal or better than normal really quickly.

Good grief, what a lot to deal with! Glad you're back home now and they're working on getting to the bottom of it.

Rest as much as you need to and take care of yourself.

Do you get support at home from a stoma care nurse, Nic? It's such a lot to deal with when you're recovering from surgery. You've been so very unlucky with your health recently.

Get lots of rest, sending healing thoughts your way!!

Thanks everyone - it was lovely to read your messages today.

pulisa - yes I get support from the stoma nurse who has been a big help.

I am struggling with the bags and it is a lot to take on and I have had several accidents along the way with the bags leaking etc but it is just something that I have to live with for now.

I am waiting for further tests and depending on what they show there is hope in a few months the stoma will be reversed but we have to wait and see.

I am unable to work as I can't even drive at the moment so there is a big financial worry as I am self-employed.

I appreciate all the support from you all

xx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m sorry you’ve been so poorly & have so much to deal with Nic.
    Thinking of you & sending lots of love your way xx

Hi Nic, so sorry to hear you are not well. Hope all goes well for you in the coming weeks. Thinking of you, sending you best wishes xxx

How are you doing, Nic? You've got such a lot to get used to with the colostomy bag. I don't know how I'd cope..AND you've got financial issues as you can't work. I don't know anything about self employment but surely there must be some form of financial aid you can get due to surgery and inability to work?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Thank you all.

I just got out of hospital yesterday after spending a week there.

I had been very unwell with bowel and abdominal pains for 6 weeks and had been given various diagnosis from IBS to trapped wind and constipation.

Things got much worse and I had to have emergency surgery 8 days ago due to a bowel blockage and have had to have a stoma bag fitted until they find the cause of the blockage.

It is taking a lot of getting used to and I am still recovering from the surgery but I am back home now and resting.
    Blimey Nic, you were blocked up and I was shitting for Britain!

Good to hear you're back home and resting up.

We will endeavour to keep you entertained while you recuperate.

Thanks all.

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Pulisa - I am not coping very well and hate the bag. I have to empty it up to 10 times a day/night and a few times of these are overnight so it is disturbing my sleep. The stoma nurse is coming to see me tomorrow as I am still in a lot of pain as well. I have applied for ESA and PIP but not sure I will get PIP.

Nora - I usually go about 5 times a day so no idea why I got a blockage in the bowel but they think it could be related to Crohn's or of course they say it could be something like cancer (but they have to say that). I am still waiting on tests.

I thought I would cope better than I am and I can't imagine having this long term so hoping it can be reversed in a few months time.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information