Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nic (NoMorePanic)

Re: Nic (NoMorePanic)

it must be incredibly difficult to adapt to functioning with a bag and having to empty it so often including during the night is just not acceptable or doable especially when your precious sleep is shot to pieces..I really hope that the stoma care nurse can come up with some decent advice tomorrow..She should do-it's her job to make sure her patients aren't put in impossible situations like this! As for "coping"...I think you are in a really challenging situation and have been left in the lurch following major surgery. You are coping with too much completely on your own. I sincerely hope that after tomorrow things will improve at least in the practical sense xxx

Really sorry you’re struggling. I hope the nurse can help.

xxx

Hope the visit today was useful and that something better can be offered to help with both the pain and the mechanics of the bag?

Sending you a lot of positive thoughts Nicole! I hope your situation will improve soon.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post

I thought I would cope better than I am and I can't imagine having this long term so hoping it can be reversed in a few months time.
    They'll sort you out soon, Nic. You just have to hang on in there, take things a day at a time, and try not to let your thoughts to run away with you. BIG ask I know, as this is a major challenge and not just on a physical level. And pain makes everything so much worse.. The situation will improve when your pain is being managed and this should be a matter of priority..

Sending you love and positive vibes.

And being exhausted from all the bag maintenance will make being able to manage the pain even harder..which hopefully the nurse realised yesterday.

Really hope she gets her act together to make just getting through the hours more manageable for you, Nic. Horrible situation for you to be in at the moment

I have just come across this thread Nic and I am so sorry you are having a hard time at the moment. I hope you are able to rest and are being well cared for. You have provided a lifeline to so many with NMP - you are an incredible person. I hope you feel better soon xxxx

thanks all.

I have the sigmoidoscopy tomorrow so maybe that will give me some good news and we can look to removing the stoma sometime soon.

Still in a lot of pain and the area is still swollen and really hurting but I am hoping there is good news ahead.

I appreciate all the messages and support so thanks all xxx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information