I’ve started dying my own hair. At the hairdresser it used to cost £70 but now I can get two boxes for a tenner of actually a nicer colour and I’ve trained Mr.D to do it.
Im also in the process of retraining my eldest son who has arrived back home. He is one of those that wears a pair of jeans once and then bungs them in the wash basket. After finding them, unwashed and folded back in his wardrobe he’s getting the message… working in an office all day does not get your jeans dirty.
My favourite thing is my ceiling clothes horse. I don’t know what they’re called but old houses used to have them. A pulley thing with slats.
when we moved here, there was one in the back. I loved it because it reminded me when we had one when I was little….but I never used it. Now I’m on a cost cutting drive there’s always clothes on it.
Things get turned off at the wall, not left on standby…apparently that eats up electricity.
Definately don’t eat out, although I did read it cost £4 to cook a Sunday lunch.

I think we will not be too bad now the summer is here but I think come winter, that’s when we will feel it. Particularly my mother who is permanently cold anyway. But she spends very little anyway, so I think spending cash on keeping warm is the right thing to do. I watched that interview with Susannah Reid and Boris. She looked fuming when she was telling him about that oap who had one meal per day and spent her time riding buses all day to keep warm. And all he took from it was that he was the one who had introduced the all day free rides.

But you’re right Lenco, it’s not just us in this mess.