Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of Living

Re: Cost of Living

We're a glamorous lot, aren't we? At least no talk of lisle stockings yet.. That's real Nora Batty territory.

Lol Pulisa. Who cares about fashion, this is survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lol Pulisa. Who cares about fashion, this is survival.
    Exactly.

But (for better or worse) it does seem that many people have returned to a lot of their old pre-pandemic habits and a lot of the much-fabled 'new normal' never really materialised.

I wonder how long it will be before the serial conspiracy theorists start sticking the knife in and making out that this COL crisis has either been deliberately 'engineered' by the authorities in order to 'control' us or it's a complete and utter con ITO?

Plus the usual blame-gaming sadcases who often use hard times as an excuse for poor practices?

Don't get me wrong; I'm not in any way attempting to trivialise this current situation but the thought of certain unscrupulous individuals doing the above really fills me with dread, as I've already witnessed such phenomena from others time and time again during virtually all past crises.

Eubank sweeper ordered. I'm quite looking forward to it coming. Love the sound it makes. Reminds me of home.
    I remember that sound C. Also my mum saying, 'Shift yer feet!'

Heat escapes from the body through your head and feet so wear a beanie hat too.
    I struggle to wear hats. I can feel that I'm wearing them and the bands give me headaches. I have to wear this straw thingy when I'm out in the sun or my fibro goes nuts but I hate wearing it. I knit myself a very soft beanie but it's still Princess & the Pea. I couldn't sleep with a hat on..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We're a glamorous lot, aren't we? At least no talk of lisle stockings yet.. That's real Nora Batty territory.
    I was rocking the wrinkled tights when I was a kid, P. I was on the petite side and my mum believe in value for money so I invariably had to grow into things.

Some hats can give me headaches too Nora.
    I get the lightest and biggest beanie and wear a featherlight men's sunhat in the summer.
    The same with glasses. Have to be so light because any pressure on my nose and I'm in for it.
    As for 'princess and the pea', I can feel a crumb on the sofa through my jeans, lol.
    I hated wearing tights, made my legs look even skinnier. But still got my leg warmers which I highly recommend for keeping the warmth in. My knees feel the cold because nowadays they make coats too short, so I pull them up over my knees.

This is true about coats being too short. They are nothing but long jackets now. They sort of sit just below your hips and leave your legs freezing.
    I don’t get on with gloves. I hate my hands all covered up and can’t seem to use them as well. I’d rather have filthy hands than wear gardening gloves

Ghost…Spillways

Fingerless gloves Darksky

As for 'princess and the pea', I can feel a crumb on the sofa through my jeans, lol.
    Yup. One of a few books that made any sense to me at school lol. Janet & John? Princess & the Pea?

But still got my leg warmers which I highly recommend for keeping the warmth in.
    I used to wear them back in the 80s. I was obsessed with the Fame movie. Wearing legwarmers was as close as it got because I can't dance. Coordination is a bit of an issue all round to be fair..

Also, my dad didn't appreciate me flinging myself across the bonnet of his Morris Marina. It looked cool in the movie whereas I must have looked like I was having some kind of fit?

Irene Cara might have been living forever but it wasn't looking that good for me when I saw my old man quick-stepping up the driveway!
    Last edited by NoraB; 09-05-22 at 13:41.

Looking at my bank statement just now (always sobering) I noticed a payment from my council - to wit, the £150 "energy rebate" that's actually a loan.

Has anyone else had this?

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information