Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Z shaped puckering one month after mammo

Z shaped puckering one month after mammo

Hey guys, I need some advice, I feel like I wanna cry.
    About 4 weeks ago I had a mammogram and ultrasound because I had several breast indentations. Both tests came back clear but the consultant asked to see me again in 3 months for a follow up.
    Also, I’m 38, so I dont know how useful the mammogram would have been?
    Anyway, inside an existing dimple, I’ve noticed an inch long, vertical, zig zag shaped puckering when I tense my muscle!! The contour of my boob sucks in, and this thing I’d puckered!!! It’s not just a shadow.
    It only appears if I tense my chest muscles, or push my arm into my breast. It is not there when lying down, raising arm etc.

I’m so confused! I’ve recently been checked out but this is a new and dramatic breast change! Can I afford to wait 8 weeks for my follow up at the breast clinic, or does this need checked sooner? I’ve had clear scans, so how is this possible? I’m so scared!

Just to reiterate…this is zig zag shaped, an inch long, puckered, and new!! 😭😭😭

Re: Z shaped puckering one month after mammo

I’m not in a good place tonight. I can’t remember the last time my anxiety was quite this high, and I can’t shake it off.
    I try to tell myself I’ve just been scanned, plus I can’t feel a lump, so it must just be a skin thing. But the fear overrides those thoughts, and I’m too scared.
    I wonder if the dimple WAS there before I was scanned, but I just hadn’t noticed it yet.
    My head is a work wind. I can’t relax. I’m so afraid.

Morning Limeslime. I hope you’ve managed to relax a little.
    I think if you were given the all clear 4 weeks ago then that should put your mind at ease?
    im going through a similar panic, going to make a GP appointment today.
    good luck x

Thanks Blonde. It’s like I have an angel and a devil on my shoulder….one telling me it must be fine because I’ve recently had a thorough check up, I can stretch it out with my fingers, it disappears when I lie down and it’s in the space of an existing dimple. Then the other side telling me not to gamble my life on it, and that if I was totally in the clear, then why did they give me a 3 month follow up.
    I feel like my head has been in a spin all weekend!
    I’m sorry to hear you have a similar struggle! Anything I can help with?

I think just talking helps. I’ve just got back from the Drs. She examined me and has referred me to the breast clinic. Obviously I’m in a panic but she said she thought it was hormonal and her heart hadn’t sank like it can do with some ladies. I’ll have to keep that in my head and remind myself of those words. 10 years ago she saw me with a lump in same boob. She told me she thought it was fibroadenosis but needed to refer me regardless. After an uss and mammogram they confirmed her correct. They said I had a very lumpy right boob and off I went. Now I feel like I’m about to disappear into that black hole again.

im sorry you feel in a pin. It’s out good is it?

If it’s hormonal (which it likely is given where you are in your cycle!) I reckon that lump will be gone before you even get to the breast clinic!! That has happened to me before!

I think I’ve decided to call my consultant’s secretary this week and ask if my follow up can be moved forward. I guess that’s a compromise between waiting or panicking!

Yes I agree. Choose and book have confirmed my appointment venue so now I have to wait for a time. Waiting’s a nightmare

Please, someone talk me down. I’m so afraid 😭

You're going to be fine. You've been here so many times before and nothing has been wrong.

Day 11 since I found this horrendous indentation, and everyday has been a nightmare. I’m distant, snappy and a horrible person to be around. I’m convinced that such a dramatic indentation cannot be benign.
    6 days ago i called my consultants secretary and asked to bring my follow up forward. She said she’d send an appointment in the post but couldn’t tell me when it would be for. I’ve still not received anything.
    I feel like my life is on hold. I’m supposed to go abroad in 2 weeks and I cannot look forward to it anymore.
    I’m sure this must be Lobular cancer because it doesn’t cause a lump and is difficult to find on imaging, which would explain why it was missed at my recent breast clinic scans.
    I can’t get through the days right now. The fear is worse than anything I’ve ever experienced because I’m so certain it’s real this time.
    I haven’t told anyone, not even my husband. I feel like no one takes me serious after being a HA sufferer. I feel so alone and frightened, and I don’t know where to turn or what to do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information