Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Z shaped puckering one month after mammo

Re: Z shaped puckering one month after mammo

yes I agree, the waiting is horrendous!
    I’m scared that my anxiety and the need for closure will force me to play things down tomorrow, just to get this finished. But in reality, I know I need to mention the changes and concerns I’ve noticed, but I’m scared that’ll mean more tests and more waiting (therefore more fear and anxiety)
    I’m so scared, it’s unreal.
    I know my scans were clear in April, but surely there is a reason for not being discharged and needing reviews. Plus I’ve noticed some subtle changes in that time.
    I have a holiday abroad in 6 weeks and I’m really hoping this one will be a relaxed, stress free one!!

It's entirely normal for your brain to go worse case scenario. I'm as sure as I can be you'll finally get the all clear and you get your life back. X💞

Its entirely normal for people with HA to go to the worst case scenario, for the rest of the population without excessive HA - its not normal. They start with the MOST likely.

Thanks guys. The doctor took a brief look at my dimples and advised another review in 6 months. The appointment was very quick, and the examination was mostly just visual (apart from a very quick touch of the breast tissue immediately behind the dimples.) He said my breast tissue was soft and my skin looks healthy and he still couldn’t feel anything to give cause for concern.
    Not sure how I feel…I’d have liked a more thorough examination but I guess I’m gonna try to accept this.
    If no changes at my next appointment in 6 months, I’ll be discharged after almost a year of being monitored!!

Clearly, the doctor is not concerned and he's practicing CYA medicine. Hold onto that if you can

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well what a build up! I honestly think these doctors don't know what they put us through. Well done for facing it and yes you can now finally switch off from it, at least for the next few months. But you MUST be reassured now there is no real concern, and I'm so pleased for you!

Yeah, it’s good to know I have a safety net I guess, so if anything changes over the next 6 months he said I can call his secretary and be seen sooner. Other than that, I’m gonna *try* to focus on our upcoming family holiday and finally allow myself to feel excited!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information