Thread: Hysteroscopy or not ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hysteroscopy or not ? Booked in for one so scared !!

Hi all to cut a long story short I had some mid cycle spotting end of December which then carried on in jan feb and March with it my periods were irregular and 2 were very light, the bleeding all ways took place second half of cycle

My gp thought it was hormones but because I was worrying about it so much she arranged an ultrasound and also referred me to gynaecology she said she’s referring me not because she thinks theres something wrong but for my assurance as I had a bleed after sex and it really scared me the reality of it was I came on 2 days after so that’s what probs triggered the bleed.

Fast forward had my ultrasound on Sunday, she said structurally everything looked good she couldn’t see my right ovary as my bowel kept hiding it but told me this is normal and my gp said my lining was 10.4mm she asked me the last day of my
    Last period so she said the thickness is correct for someone that far long in their cycle as I was on day 23.

Now my appointment with the gynaecology has finally come through end of June a week before I go on holiday and I am really scared what they’ll say I managed to speak to the consultants secretary who said don’t worry he won’t carry out any proceedure and he will probably pull out my ultrasound results. However I am really worried that he will rescan and find something etc the usual HA thoughts and I think I won’t be able to enjoy holiday.

The spotting has worn off for now and I’m not having any heavey periods etc just wanted to ask you guys if with a normal ultrasound would they still do a hysterscopy or not ? I’m just a nervous wreck at the moment not knowing what to expect even though my gp said my ultrasound was normal and I just don’t want it lingering over my head on holiday tbh as I will keep worrying which will then spoil others holiday as well
    Last edited by Sunshinegirl82; 19-12-22 at 19:46.

Thread Information