Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oral Cancer Fears....Need advice!

Re: Oral Cancer Fears....Need advice!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just saw my dentist and showed them the rough feeling and spot. They seemed unconcerned but we trying to figure out what it was. At first, he told me he was going to refer me to an oral surgeon IF i wanted to check it out... but then both dentists told me that they're not concerned, especially since I am young.

I am just kind of freaking out still. I know some people have said they have had similar but should I be worried still? They told me to come back if it's still there but to just give it time to go away and return to normal. They described it like a texture change.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    should I be worried still?

...both dentists told me that they're not concerned, especially since I am young.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    FMP

But why is it like that in the first place? Surely, it is not normal. I am really scared. The thing is I felt like the dentists weren't too sure either but then again I asked several times is it cause for concern and they said no.

Change of texture in mouth, red/dry patch in inner cheek. Scared of oral cancer.

To preface: I am a healthy 23 year old guy with no family history of illness.

For the past few weeks, I have felt dry patches in my cheek on both sides. When I look, it seems to be a red spot or mildly irritated spot. Is this erythroplakia!? Or cancerous?! I also got my wisdom teeth out two weeks ago (this was there before), but after the procedure I noticed it went away for a bit. I could've sworn my inner cheeks felt normal and soft but now I feel them again.

I am really scared. I also read it could be grinding/biting teeth in sleep which I wear Invisalign usually but haven't been wearing it lately. Anyway, here is a photo for reference:
    I did see my dentist today and they said it wasn't concerning but they also were trying to figure out what it was. I explained to them I haven't been wearing my Invisalign so I think I am going to start wearing them again and see if it's perhaps my teeth causing friction on the skin tissue.

Anyone have anything similar or know what it could be...?
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 28-05-22 at 10:56.

Re: Change of texture in mouth, red/dry patch in inner cheek. Scared of oral cancer.

Anybody?

Thread merged again, reopened and picture removed.

Please stick to this one post. Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Ethryoplakia? Red patch and dry in inner cheek?

does anyone know!? I've seen a few people on here and reddit talk about something similar and even posted pics that look like what i see in my mouth. anyone know!?

We don't know. This is an anxiety site not a medical diagnosis one.

We don’t know unfortunately. It’s best to follow the advice from your dentist who is very well qualified with dealing with these types of things.
    Try to not check it so much, and if it’s still there in 2 weeks go back and show him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information