Thread: Nausea after MRI with Contrast- Freaking out

Nausea after MRI with Contrast- Freaking out

Hello all,
    I have been suffering with pelvic pain from my ovaries so the doctor ordered a MRI with and without contrast. I had it done a few hours ago and i’m feeling like I’m going to throw up. Is that normal? I am freaking out because I read that the dye they inject can stay in your body for years and possibly cause long term issues. I wish I never got this test done. Can anyone offer reassurance that I am not in danger? Has anyone else had this type of test?

Thank you so much xx

Re: Nausea after MRI with Contrast- Freaking out

I've had many MRIs with contrast due to my heart issues and follow ups from cancer treatment. Other than the weird feeling (kind of a warm flushing feeling) when they injected the dye, I've not had an adverse reaction. I've never heard of the dye staying in your body for years and I'm not glowing in the dark so it doesn't concern me I think the nausea is being caused by general anxiety from having the tests and your reaction to the stress TBH.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Doctors gave me too much MRI contrast- scared

I received a pelvic MRI with contrast today for chronic ovary pain. They never asked my height and weight and administered me 8cc of contrast based on my old weight 4 years ago (165lbs). I currently weigh 139lbs and apparently the correct dose is 6cc. I did not realize until I got home and received the results. I’m so scared something bad is going to happen to me. I feel nauseous. Is too much contrast dye harmful?
    My doctors are gone for the night

Thank you xx

Re: Doctors gave me too much MRI contrast- scared

Guess you didn't read my reply to your other thread on the same subject?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so so much for responding to both. I just saw this one now. I found out after posting this that I was given a bit too much and I thought it was more appropriate on the other sub. I apologize, i’m new to the site. I appreciate your help greatly and hope you’re doing well

-Marie

Yes, I just did. I apologize. I have been worrying all night. I appreciate your help. Still getting used to the site

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information