Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help bigeminy

Please help bigeminy

Hi since last night I have been stuck in bigeminy heart missing a beat every second beat. Went to a&e they said its not dangerous and sent me home. How can this not be dangerous. I can't cope with it I can't live like this the fear is terrible. I can feel every missed beat . How can your heart missing every second beat not be dangerous? I'm just not coping at all.

Re: Please help bigeminy

I didn’t know what this was, so I googled and it’s like the hospital said - it happens to people sometimes and is common and not a problem. Why don’t you go to your gp to discuss and find out out why it’s not a problem? Also let them know how anxious you are about it and your health in general.

Thank you for the reply I do appreciate it. I'm just really struggling. I've spoke with my gp today she's gave me some valium but they not helping. I can't get over this fear
    Last edited by molly15; 17-05-22 at 23:08.

Hey Molly,

I had a bout of this many years ago, close to 20 years ago now. This is what actually kicked off my health anxiety in the first place. Had a bunch of tests done and everything was completely fine. Still comes and goes once and awhile, especially when my anxiety is high. The doctor I went to said that can actually be caused (or worsened) by anxiety.

If there is one thing doctors don't mess around with, it's heart related stuff. If they checked you out and said you're fine, you're absolutely fine!

Hi there

Thank you so much for your reply . So did your heart miss every second beat for hours ?

Yeah, it gave me this really "fluttery" feeling, I don't really know how to explain it other than that. Felt like a hiccup in my chest or something. Like I said, I still get times when I feel it, especially in times of high stress, I really focus a lot on it. 20 years later and it hasn't caused any issues for me or anything. I remember being absolutely terrified when it happened, I thought the same as you "there is no way that this isn't a massive problem" but here I am, completely fine with no long lasting issues or anything (other than my health anxiety). Apparently it's an extremely common thing that typically doesn't need any sort of medical intervention or anything.

Definitely don't worry yourself about it.

I have had this for years, and it is a scary terrible feeling. When mine acts up, I’m a mess each time even though I know it’s not dangerous since I’ve had other tests to make sure my heart is structurally sound. It is a good idea to see a cardiologist so they can do those tests (heart echo etc - nothing invasive). You are ok!

Hi thank you for the replies I really appreciate it.

Yes I've seen a cardiologist and had a echo and loads of ecg . I'm waiting on a ablation as since having covid I developed episodes of Artirial fibrillation which is terrifying. Now every time I have ectopics I think I'm going to go into AF . The bigemini was relentless and very very scary as I just thought its not going to go back to normal so eventually after 24 hours I had to take meds to put it back into rhythm.

It's the awful feeling of waiting for it to happen again that is so difficult to live with.

Xx

So sorry you have developed AF. That’s a concern of mine too re getting covid. My friend has AF (years before covid), and her ablation successfully treated it. Hang in there, and don’t be afraid to ask your cardiologist for some anxiety meds in the meantime that you can take when you feel the bigeminy. You could also ask for a home heart monitor so you don’t need to guess whether it’s a fib.

That's good news about your friend re ablation I hope mine is successful. I do have a kardia app from work so I know when I'm having a af episode but don't really need it as I know the difference. I'm so tuned into my heart health unfortunately I feel every wee flip flop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information