Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help bigeminy

Re: Please help bigeminy

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    Hi since last night I have been stuck in bigeminy heart missing a beat every second beat. Went to a&e they said its not dangerous and sent me home. How can this not be dangerous. I can't cope with it I can't live like this the fear is terrible. I can feel every missed beat . How can your heart missing every second beat not be dangerous? I'm just not coping at all.
    Hi im getting this right now its awful and makes me so scared. I also have SVT but that it more or less controlled with betablockers.
    Ive had pvcs for years but they are getting much worse. Im constantly waiting for the next one worrying myself so much.
    Are you still getting them as i know this thread is a few months old.

Hi there I'm getting a ablation tomorrow for afib and svt . I'm hoping it sorts out the ectopics too. I'm terrified though x

Hi Molly, I've had ectopic beats for 30 years ( I'm 50). I've had episodes of bigeminy/trigeminy that have lasted weeks and I'd feel every one of those skipped beats. My cardio has never been concerned about them, he just calls them a "damn nuisance" that cause people a lot of anxiety. Even when my holter monitor showed 10,000 + ectopic beats in 24hrs he wasn't worried ( mine originate from the atrium, but even if they come from the ventricle you would need constant huge numbers for many months/years them to cause any sort of muscular change to the heart). So try not to stress about them because it definitely becomes a vicious cycle with all the adrenaline causing more.

The problem is I have afib too which ectopics can flip me into. I had a catheter ablation this morning so hears hoping no more afib x

"Bigeminy is not usually a cause for concern"

Seems like this is treatable and not a problem. The problem is your anxiety. Be glad you have a health problem that is not a big deal. Challenge your thinking! And remember that anxiety can cause dizziness and faintness, feeling fluttery, etc.

How did your ablation go? I hope it brought you some relief.

I've been in bigeminy for the past week now, pretty much non stop with a few hours respite, and have to wait a whole month to see my GP to get it investigated. I've never had my heart structure checked, so I'm a little worried about that. It's like getting kicked in the chest for hours on end, along with feeling like dropping in an elevator. I can sympathise with how horrid they feel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information