Thread: Spot in eye/ scotoma/ blind spot

Spot in eye/ scotoma/ blind spot

Hi everyone,

It has been soooo long since I posted a thread here. I really thought I was getting over my health anxiety; until yesterday night. I started getting this weird spot in my right eye. It’s there constantly in the same place. It’s almost like when you look at something bright and the afterimage is stuck in your eye. Except it’s a spot. I’m really worried it’s neurological. It’s not a migraine as I’ve had migraine with aura before and the aura only lasts 20 minutes or so. This has been there from last night. Anyone ever have something similar? I am getting over a cold, so I’m hoping that!

Re: Spot in eye/ scotoma/ blind spot

Pls guys. Anyone? I can only think of very serious things right now

Hey there,
    Sorry you are struggling. Wish I had a more concrete answer for you here, but I wouldn't worry too much. It's entirely possible you have some sort of lingering issue from your cold, especially if it was messing with your sinuses because your sinuses and your eyes are so interconnected.

The chances of it being something serious, like a neurological disorder are incredibly slim. The simple explanation is almost always the most likely one. Something to do with the cold you had, or even something as mundane as some dust you got in your eye that irritated it.

I'm obviously not a doctor or anything, so I can't say for sure but even if it is some kind of problem that you need to get fixed by a doctor, it's going to be something minor that can be fixed with some eyedrops or something along those lines. I definitely know the worry and how it feels to immediately jump to the worst case scenario but I would be willing to bet that if you give it a few days, it will clear up on it's own.

Thank you for responding!

I wanted to update. The spot went away as mysteriously as it came. So for anyone that suffers this problem and comes across this thread; it may not always be such a scary outcome!

Happy to hear it! Health anxiety can make you worry about some crazy stuff

Thread Information