Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Periods/Bleeding Close Together Worries?

Re: Having Periods/Bleeding Close Together Worries?

The bleeding has been stopping and starting, sometimes it is brown, then it is gone, then the next minute, like last night it came back light red again. It's not very heavy, not like a period but not like spotting. Like the beginning of a period. I thought it was a cyst but I don't know. It is stressing me out, which I know will make it worse. This has been going on for 3 weeks. I know it is related to my PCOS but it is really stressful to go through this. My internal ultrasound is on the 20th, and like I said, I had my smear/HPV test beginning of the year which was normal. And my internal ultrasound in Sept 2021 verified what I knew, which was PCOS and a cyst.

It's going from old brown blood to light pink blood and I have mild cramping like a period. I honestly don't know what to make of it, is it my PCOS, is it a cyst or something else...It's making me so stressed.

Today, I got seriously painful cramps, so had to use a hot water bottle to ease them. Had a normal red show, nothing heavy, and has become lighter this evening. Getting cramping on my left side though and in my hip/buttocks area. Is it the muscles? A cyst or something. It’s really stressful having this.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Today, I got seriously painful cramps, so had to use a hot water bottle to ease them. Had a normal red show, nothing heavy, and has become lighter this evening. Getting cramping on my left side though and in my hip/buttocks area. Is it the muscles? A cyst or something. It’s really stressful having this.
    Isn’t pcos supposed to be quite painful?

@Scass They have been in the past, I guess because I haven't had any painful in a long time, its taking its toll this time. Today was pretty bad, had to take a painkiller as the cramps at the bottom of my stomach were very uncomfortable. I also got some clots today, which I haven't had in a long time either, could be just my hormones and my periods being more light the last few months that their coming with a vengeance this time. Hot water bottle has really been helping though, but can't use it too much as its too hot.

I wonder if that spotting for the last 3 weeks was this bleeding trying to break through? Now its really heavy and having clots. Mild cramps today, but the bleeding is heavy, which has me wiped out, since I've had this for 3 days now. Yesterday and today has been the heaviest. I'm taking vit D, but wonder if I should take some iron too?

I'm actually worried about my internal ultrasound on Monday, what if I'm still bleeding? Will they do it or will it cause problems being that heavy?

They will still do the ultrasound if you are on your period. They are used to seeing all sorts.

You’ll be fine Mischa. X

@Scass That's good to know, I didn't want to have to rearrange, but I just felt embarrassed. Hopefully it eases up by then, it's still quite heavy today, but thankfully the pain has eased and am having less clotting, so I'm going to try take it easy over the weekend if I can. x

How was your ultrasound, Mischa?

@Scass Hi Scass, sorry for late reply! My scan went well, they were very good, it only hurt when moving around. She said she couldn't see any abnormalities, and said she didn't see any cysts, but as was thought, I do have PCOS, but I already knew that so it was a confirmation. I go back to my Gynae on the 13th July for a discussion about my PCOS and fertility etc. Thanks for checking up, means a lot x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information