Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here we go again

Re: Here we go again

Why not magic that BP monitor away for starters?

������I’m gonna tell my husband to hide it! Realistically when do you think I should check it again ��*♀️X

Well I took my bp this morning I did a ten minute meditation and some calming breathing and got a reading of 128/78!! So definitely an anxiety issue just need to make myself believe it

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    At the moment I can’t wait to get home and check it again I don’t know why I went down the rabbit hole again it’s ages since I used it and when I did my bp was the best it had ever been it’s like I’m always looking for problems
    Ok, I have my answer. GET RID OF THE MONITOR!

Well I took my bp this morning I did a ten minute meditation and some calming breathing and got a reading of 128/78!! So definitely an anxiety issue just need to make myself believe it
    What is stopping you from believing it? Having the monitor at hand to use when your resolve weakens will definitely stop you from believing that this is an anxiety issue.

������I’m gonna tell my husband to hide it! Realistically when do you think I should check it again ��*♀️X
    This won't work smogie. You're a BP checking junkie (it was the heart monitor on my Fitbit with me)

You will trash the house looking for it. You need to remove it from the house..

This way, if you want your BP checking you'll have to go the local pharmacy or to your GP and this requires a lot more effort that sticking that cuff on your arm (whenever you want to) and hyperventilating while it strangles your bicep and that to-be-expected rise in blood pressure that comes with being severely anxious!

I gave my Fitbit away and it was one of the best acts of self-care I did for myself. I have another one now but I can't tell you when I last checked my heart rate. Or anything else. I use it to remind me to move every hour (I get a little buzz) but if my HA was to flare up and I found myself prowling around the living room manically tapping at the screen then away it would go!

Thankyou you are so right was buzzing this morning with the good reading but the temptation is there to keep checking my daughter is calling later I will give it to her and she definitely won’t let me have it back obviously as we all know I still think there might be an issue that isn’t anxiety but that’s the problem isn’t it ��

Yes it is and well done for recognising that...I'm sure your daughter will successfully "lose" the wretched monitor for you!

my daughter is calling later I will give it to her and she definitely won’t let me have it back
    Good. Make it happen, smogie. This is self-care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information