Thread: Having a rough time: worried I have a kidney issue

Having a rough time: worried I have a kidney issue

Hey,

Having a bit of a spiral. Been having a lot of frequent urination as of late. Hoping it’s just a part of my Generalized anxiety disorder. But I’m going like 10-15 times a day which seems excessive. I pretty much never wake up during the night to pee though

Stressing that this is an indication of some sort of kidney issue. I don’t have any swelling or anything like that. Here comes the TMI portion, just a warning. I do have a little bit of bubbly urine. When I stand up, it’s pretty bubbly and sticks around for a few minutes before dissipating. When I sit down and try to cancel out the distance, there are no bubbles.

So, I guess I’m asking, does anyone else pee this much? I’m currently on a diet and have been working out and losing weight every day, I’m hoping the excess pee is from fat burning or something. Logically, I know that if I had a serious kidney issue I’d likely have some other symptoms but I just can’t shake the idea that it’s something with my kidneys.
    Last edited by rc906; 20-05-22 at 20:08. Reason: Forgot to add something

Re: Having a rough time: worried I have a kidney issue

When my anxiety is high I definitely pee more (I also poo more). Then when my anxiety becomes more manageable it eases off again.

Appreciate the response!

Quote Originally Posted by rc906 View Post
    Hey,

Having a bit of a spiral. Been having a lot of frequent urination as of late. Hoping it’s just a part of my Generalized anxiety disorder. But I’m going like 10-15 times a day which seems excessive. I pretty much never wake up during the night to pee though
    My brother is having problems of the urinary kind and he's peeing frequently throughout the day and night. If you're not waking up needing to wee, my guess is anxiety..

Re bubbly wee... I recently made the connection with my urine suddenly becoming bubbly to using a new toilet deodoriser which sticks to the side of the loo (logic) but I also noticed (before new deodoriser) that husband and son's wee is occasionally bubbly (with no other symptoms) and apparently it's common. Before you ask how I know - neither of them flush.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My brother is having problems of the urinary kind and he's peeing frequently throughout the day and night. If you're not waking up needing to wee, my guess is anxiety..

Re bubbly wee... I recently made the connection with my urine suddenly becoming bubbly to using a new toilet deodoriser which sticks to the side of the loo (logic) but I also noticed (before new deodoriser) that husband and son's wee is occasionally bubbly (with no other symptoms) and apparently it's common. Before you ask how I know - neither of them flush.
    Hahah, the ol' "if it's yellow, let it mellow" mantra. Thanks again for your response.
    I know that it sounds pretty irrational the more I think about it. I'd imagine that if it was actually a problem with my kidneys, then I would probably be up all night every night. Especially with no other symptoms (other than a rash, but I've had rashes my whole life haha)

Thread Information