Thread: Tick Bite Worries

Tick Bite Worries

A few minutes ago, I went to the bathroom and saw a tick on my leg. I managed to get it off with a tick twister and got a good look at it before I disposed of it. I checked out the internet and found out it was a lone star tick! I also found out about the diseases they caused, including an allergy to red meat! I did wash the bite and put hydrogen peroxide on it. Plus, the tick hasn't been on long enough to have fed though it was pretty attached. The bite itself is just a small, slightly bleeding hole.

I have told my Dad about it and he reassured me that I'll be alright. I feel a little better, but I want to hear from you guys on what you think.

Re: Tick Bite Worries

I didn’t want to ignore you, but it sounds like you did everything right, and it seems like you and your Dad are already pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

You can always call your doctor and ask for an advice. When I got a tick bite I got a preventive antibiotics treatment for 21 days. It had something to do with how long the tick was attached, but I don't remember the details anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. My main concern right now is the red meat allergy, though I have read that not everyone who gets bitten by a lone star tick gets it. My family eats red meat and I do enjoy it, so you see where my worry came from. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope I dodged the bullet!

Thread Information