Thread: Worried…Cancer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worried…Cancer?

I was diagnosed with IBS years ago. I’ve always had loose stools. When I had a IBS flare up it was very loose multiple times a day with pain and gas. The last couple years, I’ve progressively found it harder and harder to pass stool. Even loose stool I kinda have to lean back on the toilet and readjust/move around to get it all out. Sometimes having to strain pretty hard to pass even loose stool. The last 6 months I’ve had pretty solid stool (not hard, really normal) and it has been so hard to pass I’ve resorted to pressing on the perenium it help guide it through. I have to go multiple times a day because most of the time I am unable to pass the stool even though I feel it in my passage. The last few months I starting to notice the shape of my stool is usually pretty flat or thin…I don’t know how long it’s been like that just something I realized because I was starting to worry about how my pooping probs have been getting worse, and so googled it. Now I’m so worried that I have some kind of colorectal cancer. What I’ve been shrugging off as “IBS” are all signs and symptoms of cancer. Pretty much the only symptom I don’t have is bleeding. My primary doc has put in referral for GI doc but I’m so scared and can’t stop looking up symptoms which just confirms my fears. That’s how I found this forum and am thankful this helps bring me back to reality a little bit, but I though I would share what I’m going through to see if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing without it being cancer??? Thanks for the support.
    Last edited by Ellasmama; 22-05-22 at 12:13.

Thread Information