Thread: Slight wheezing/vibration top of chest comes and goes.

Slight wheezing/vibration top of chest comes and goes.

So it's been about 3 weeks now ish maybe 4 since I got over covid and I'm trying not to panic here but damn it's been hard I've staved off a few so basically I have this slight I don't whether it is wheezing it's basically just a vibration feeling on the top of my chest I can't get it to come normally when breathing through my nose or my mouth for that matter although when i got out of my car yesterday and entered the house for about 15 seconds it was there when i was breathing normally through my mouth. I do have a slight cough every now and then aswel. Basically if i breath out pretty hard mainly with mouth i get this sound/wheeze and can feel a slight vibration feeling in that area of my chest it comes and goes sometimes even breathing out hard to see if it's there and sometimes it isn't. Seems to not be there in the morning either when i get up the issue I have now is I've been hyperfixated on my breathing so I can't get it out of my mind. If i keep doing the deep breathing in and out when it's not there after a bit it can come back again if i cough or clear my throat most times it goes sometimes not but it seems to come back again. I have hayfever but i highly doubt that would cause it, I've never had this with hayfever. As far as I'm aware I don't have asthma I sure hope not because now a fear In case covid has give me that not had any chest tightness or pains though

Anyone else had similar? I think I'll give it a week more and then ring up doctors and see what they say but at the moment i can't stop hyperfixating on my breathing and it's ruining my days.
    Last edited by Lockey1995; 23-05-22 at 15:21.

Re: Slight wheezing/vibration top of chest comes and goes.

I had on and off wheezing after COVID as well. I got COVID in January and I think the last time I had wheezing was 3-4 weeks ago so it takes a while for it to go away.

Do you have lots of post nasal drip or allergies? I have those and I found that when laying down on my back I would get a vibration type feeling in my lungs with deep breaths. I try not to lay on my back now because it’s so scary, but I haven’t had it in a long time after the doctor gave me a corticosteroid nasal spray and fluticasone steroid puffer that she recommended I do 1-2 times a day.

When I told her about the wheezing she didn’t seemed concerned at all. Since my history of allergies and post nasal drip. Sometimes the drip goes into your lungs and causes that to happen. I’m also coughing a lot but not as often since using the nasal spray and taking Rupall allergy pills. Hope this helps! I feel like COVID amplified my allergy symptoms, been battling with it for months now. Take care!

Edit: before I forget, another thing that has been helping is having a cool mist humidifer on in my room and even doing steam inhalation
    I also just read you have hayfever!! Yes it could be that because like I said COVID amplified dust and ragweed allergies. Never had it this had before either.

I don't have any post nasal drip anymore that's gone that was a nightmare, I have hayfever the pollen here is pretty high right now. My room does get dusty really fast but I've never really had any issues with that previously unless it's just started the steam yeah coming out of the shower it feels better never thought about getting a humidifier

So, it's still there I try not to trigger it now because it sets off panic for about 2 hours. But the one thing I'm worrying about now is if it's given me onset asthma not sure if this is possible? and I'll get an attack

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    I had on and off wheezing after COVID as well. I got COVID in January and I think the last time I had wheezing was 3-4 weeks ago so it takes a while for it to go away.

Do you have lots of post nasal drip or allergies? I have those and I found that when laying down on my back I would get a vibration type feeling in my lungs with deep breaths. I try not to lay on my back now because it’s so scary, but I haven’t had it in a long time after the doctor gave me a corticosteroid nasal spray and fluticasone steroid puffer that she recommended I do 1-2 times a day.

When I told her about the wheezing she didn’t seemed concerned at all. Since my history of allergies and post nasal drip. Sometimes the drip goes into your lungs and causes that to happen. I’m also coughing a lot but not as often since using the nasal spray and taking Rupall allergy pills. Hope this helps! I feel like COVID amplified my allergy symptoms, been battling with it for months now. Take care!

Edit: before I forget, another thing that has been helping is having a cool mist humidifer on in my room and even doing steam inhalation
    I also just read you have hayfever!! Yes it could be that because like I said COVID amplified dust and ragweed allergies. Never had it this had before either.
    Did yours go away or do you still have it? I'm freaking out again here yesterday just running around the house to do some stuff i had a slight wheeze it went, I've got to ring back doctors tommorow to book an appointment but i googled i know i shouldn't of and I'm freaking out about lung scarring I'm really anxious now I need to stop triggering it on purpose because it knocks for six for about 3 hours untill i regain my anxiety again. Surely after a month it would have gone if i trigger it and keep doing it i find it comes on with the lighter breathing not sure if that's just anxiety though and making it worse
    Last edited by Lockey1995; 31-05-22 at 14:14.

Thread Information