Thread: Blood in stools?

Blood in stools?

Just an embarrassing one. For the last few days, everytime I've had a bowel movement I've had bright red blood. It usually is at the end of the bowel movement and on the toilet paper. It is bright red blood. Now, I noticed prior to this, my bottom area was extremely itchy. Like a bear trying to scratch its back itchy.

Anyway, yesterday was the most amount of blood. It didn't seem to be in the stools, and the stools are normal in colour, shape etc. Now, I tried to look (even though it weirds me out), but it all seemed normal, maybe its cut or something. But of course, I went straight to google - and anal/colon/bowel cancers came up. So, I went into a bit of a spiral.

I'm 34 F by the way, and I have a history of IBS. Not officially diagnosed, but my doctor assumes that is what my stomach etc issues have been. I'm not sure if IBS is connected to PCOS and being hypothyroid but I assume its another symptom. So yeah, just wondering if bright red blood is a bad sign or is it just something thats been cut, maybe inside? Today their wasn't as much blood, but still bright red to pale faded red.

No fever, no pain or anything, not around the bottom area. No stomach pains or gut issues.

Re: Blood in stools?

Probably piles.

You seem to be spiraling a bit with HA at the moment though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information