Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Monkeypox vs Covid

Re: Monkeypox vs Covid

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    They have shared 44 seconds of a speech/conference which was much longer. No reference what the context of the statement was.
    The US started preparing for what ended up being the covid pandemic long before you were born.
    We knew at some point one would hit us hard, we didn't and still don't when the next one will happen. Might be next week, might be 50 years time.
    Previous US administration's slowly reduced funding for pandemic preparation, until it became impotent to act.
    The pandemic hit and the US like most other countries was woefully unprepared. Although they new it was going to happen.

Biden is stating that preparation for the next pandemic must put in place and started now. We don't when the next one will arrive, we do know from history it will, the last two years are a painful reminder we are not infallible.

Unfortunately you are gullible enough to fall for a snipped video, with no context, provided by dubious outlets, that you won't do the most basic of due diligence on.
    It's going to be a long life of constant anxiety unless you stay away from twitter and dubious news sources.
    Absolutely this ^^.

Due diligence is *key* here - my first thought was "okay, what was the rest of Biden's speech?". Instead, Phil falls -once again - for somewhat right-wing "post-truth" nonsense, soundbites without context.

The UK also ran a simulation for pandemic preparedness in 2016, called Exercise Cygnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Absolutely this ^^.

Due diligence is *key* here - my first thought was "okay, what was the rest of Biden's speech?". Instead, Phil falls -once again - for somewhat right-wing "post-truth" nonsense, soundbites without context.

The UK also ran a simulation for pandemic preparedness in 2016, called Exercise Cygnus.
    I don't know why people even waste their time and MH looking at a lot of such exaggerated crap that Phil seems to have a habit of seeking out.

I know I've kind of been guilty of such things in the past myself but over more recent years, especially since we've become far more acutely aware of fake/exaggerated news stories (in particular those circulating online by silly people with agendas), I've learned far more about whatever 'reputable'/'trustworthy' sites/sources more worthy of taking more seriously and whatever 'dubious' sites/sources to spot a country mile off and inadvertently avoid like the plague.

Still lots of uncertainty with travel. Talk of more restrictions in Spain. I go a holiday abroad a day visit in 4 weeks I’m still not certain I can do this as so much changes even two years later? Yet Australia has opened up now so some countries see the end of this. I have a holiday in October but I’m unsure about wasting it’s of money as they could easily bring these covid rules back? This year has seen lots eased but there’s still lots of restrictions around Europe right now. What will 2023 be like? Everything I book now needs flexibility to rearrange or refund

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    What will 2023 be like?
    Strewth Phil, we're only just over half-way through this year!

Still lots of uncertainty with travel. Talk of more restrictions in Spain. I go a holiday abroad a day visit in 4 weeks I’m still not certain I can do this as so much changes even two years later? Yet Australia has opened up now so some countries see the end of this. I have a holiday in October but I’m unsure about wasting it’s of money as they could easily bring these covid rules back? This year has seen lots eased but there’s still lots of restrictions around Europe right now. What will 2023 be like? Everything I book now needs flexibility to rearrange or refund
    Wash, rinse, repeat....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Cyprus has got masks back I fear my holiday will be cancelled if Europe follows more restrictions

Monkeypox now seems to have vanished from the national news headlines.

Also the Polio scare in London a few weeks back and of course the Hepatitis epidemic back in the spring both now seem to be water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Monkeypox now seems to have vanished from the national news headlines.

Also the Polio scare in London a few weeks back and of course the Hepatitis epidemic back in the spring both now seem to be water under the bridge.
    Gone like magic. Question is will our next PM bring restrictions back? Do you notice they are back to the covid fear stories and mask mandates around the world? Yet we are In summer can’t wait for the winter

Gone like magic. Question is will our next PM bring restrictions back? Do you notice they are back to the covid fear stories and mask mandates around the world? Yet we are In summer can’t wait for the winter
    Just because some other countries might be bringing back certain Covid restrictions, doesn't automatically mean that the UK will be doing the same.

Monkeypox now a global emerging. Nobody is falling for these repeated pandemics anymore. No doubt they will try PCR tests I am sure they do that for Monkeypox too and 3 week isolations but we have had enough. 5 deaths worldwide from it yet more panic. Any thoughts?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information