Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkeypox vs Covid

Re: Monkeypox vs Covid

I could've forgiven him if he'd done it on a Saturday night rather than Sunday, Nora.

As it is, I've now unofficially renamed him to Chucklef**k.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I could've forgiven him if he'd done it on a Saturday night rather than Sunday, Nora.

As it is, I've now unofficially renamed him to Chucklef**k.
    I think he'd prefer it if you called him 'Dark Overlord' or 'my liege' whist hand feeding him Dreamies...

All he really wants is to be left alone. Except when he doesn't, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I think maybe he was getting at that since HIV/AIDS was thought to only effect homosexuals in the 80s, there wasn't much in the way of lockdowns because they were kind of just written off (at least here in the US).

But yeah, I agree that lockdowns shouldn't happen for monkeypox unless it somehow becomes more contagious/easily transmitted than it currently is.
    That's exactly the point I was making Poppy.

But as you said, unless Monkeypox was to escalate into something far more harmful (heaven forbid), for the most part, it's basically a non-issue compared to the likes of earlier Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    All he really wants is to be left alone. Except when he doesn't, obviously.
    Exactly. You may pet me on my terms, Human. That's cats for ya..

Meanwhile, my dozy old pooch throws herself at me, displaying her eternal love and affection, and all because I gave her a bit of my Hobnob..

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...6AGI3euhWHtzVg

Biden says the 2nd pandemic is coming. Make of it what you will

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

That doesn't necessarily mean monkeypox (and likely it won't be that anyway).

Of course there is going to be another pandemic. For one thing, these things crop up from time to time and always have. For another, as the world gets warmer and people move around more, things spread much more quickly and out of the regions where they are normally confined to. I know we've seen that a lot with tick-borne illnesses, because in areas where it typically gets cold enough in the winter to kill the ticks off it's not doing that anymore.

Plus, the US was in a terrible position to handle Covid, and we still very much are. Another pandemic anytime soon would be horrible for us, but honestly, even Covid isn't over yet and that's horrible for us as well. Unfortunately we have a lot of other major issues as well.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Is this an official news article or just another random tweet you've come across during your umpteenth doomscrolling session?

I reckon what Biden is probably saying is that the whole world needs to be more vigilant against any possible future pandemic and try to learn from the mistakes made during the onset of this Covid pandemic, rather than us being on the brink of another 'actual' pandemic right now.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 22-06-22 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Is this an official news article or just another random tweet you've come across during your umpteenth doomscrolling session?

I reckon what Biden is probably saying is that the whole world needs to be more vigilant against any possible future pandemic and try to learn from the mistakes made during the onset of this Covid pandemic, rather than us being on the brink of another 'actual' pandemic right now.
    We all know about it being leaked from a lab i think that’s my fear a pandemic being released on purpose or population control..

We all know about it being leaked from a lab i think that’s my fear a pandemic being released on purpose or population control..
    There's still no absolute evidence of lab leaks, nor of 'population control' Phil, though on the face of it there does on occasions seem to be something rather Orwellian about the current climate in general, but I think it's actually more to do with perception rather that true reality.

I reckon there's a chance you might be being brainwashed by serial conspiracy theorists, doom-mongers and fake news-mongers once again.

They thrive on winding up people like you.

But at least, unlike certain other countries we don't live in a vicious police state nor are we (generally speaking) a trigger-happy, 'right to bear arms' society.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 22-06-22 at 18:04.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information