Hi everyone,

After a week of horrible stomach pain, I went to the ER. I thought for sure I had an ulcer or an appendicitis. They gave me an abdominal CT with contrast and everything came back okay, but they noticed that there was water in my Fallopian tube. I had a pretty horrible experience with the ER doctor from the minute I arrived. As soon as she walked in, she told me my symptoms sounded like GERD and said she was going to prescribe Pepcid and release me, I just got into the room and I hadn’t been evaluated. She didn’t ask me about my medical history or look over my stomach until I mentioned that I was already diagnosed with acid reflux and prescribed medicine that was stronger than Pepcid which wasn’t helping and that I never experienced this type of pain with my reflux. She than seemed reluctant to check me over and ordered a CT scan, which she was also trying to talk me out of. Sorry for the long story, but it provides a little bit of context for why I’m worried. Once the CT came back, she told me what they found and said “well since you’re here we’ll do an ultrasound, or you can follow up with you GYN instead.” I asked if the ultrasound was vaginal because I’m a virgin and am pretty uncomfortable with it, she said yes. I asked if it was an emergency and she told me no, so I asked if I could just follow up with my GYN. She was very quick to release me after I opted out of the ultrasound. She didn’t give me any instructions or information about the diagnosis and now I’m at a complete loss. Unfortunately I had to turn to google for research, which just furthered my HA. I’m so scared I made the wrong move for refusing the ultrasound, but she made it seem like it wasn’t urgent. I just don’t know if my body could handle it and if it’s necessary, I’d prefer to have that convo with my GYN if it’s possible. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with this type of diagnosis? I sent a message to my GYN through our online portal, but unfortunately I have to wait till Monday for a response.