Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dark Mole

Re: Dark Mole

I have cancer phobia big time- in fact if I even see a cancer billboard or commercial, it gets me going that maybe it is some sign from above. Melanoma is a HUGE fear for me- likely bc it is something I can actually see! Currently, I am terrified that my 11 YO has it on her scalp despite having a .00000456% of what I am seeing on her scalp being cancer. My advise- stop looking at it! I can also say that had your MD suspected your mole to be melanoma, they would have rushed the biopsy results bc 1- melanoma is serious and 2- they will want to start treatments right away not 4 weeks later. I think I also read that they shaved the specimen- they do not typically shave suspected melanomas. They punch biopsy them to ensure clear margins. If your doctor did a shave- he isn't likely suspecting melanoma.

I will for sure keep that in mind fishmanpa. Thank you both for challenging my thoughts.

I have A LOT of work to do… I guess the one good thing of hitting rock bottom is that theres no where else to go but up. I hope I can start that honest journey towards healing very soon.

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    I have cancer phobia big time- in fact if I even see a cancer billboard or commercial, it gets me going that maybe it is some sign from above. Melanoma is a HUGE fear for me- likely bc it is something I can actually see! Currently, I am terrified that my 11 YO has it on her scalp despite having a .00000456% of what I am seeing on her scalp being cancer. My advise- stop looking at it! I can also say that had your MD suspected your mole to be melanoma, they would have rushed the biopsy results bc 1- melanoma is serious and 2- they will want to start treatments right away not 4 weeks later. I think I also read that they shaved the specimen- they do not typically shave suspected melanomas. They punch biopsy them to ensure clear margins. If your doctor did a shave- he isn't likely suspecting melanoma.
    he did do a punch biopsy, I have a perfect circle on my leg…

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    I do have a 13 month old that is cruising all over the place, but also likes to be picked up quite a bit…

Also having to put him in and out of his car seat is quite awkward on my back. Hip pain? Not too sure… last week I had to walk 10 kms a day on average to get to and back from an event.. so could be that? Who knows…
    This will absolutely do it especially if it's car seat that doesn't twizzle. Also, picking them up, especially if you have one like my granddaughter who is part eel lol.

My son's partner and I were having this conversation just last week and I said how awkward it used to be for me to get my son (youngest) in the car seat and how I had to virtually contort myself..

But anxiety alone can make muscles hurt and it's to do with the stress response and hyperstimulation..

Thanks Nora!

That is likely the cause, nothing else.

Rey

Hello,

10 weeks later and I got the biopsy results. Normal looking mole, no further treatment required.

Figured I'd give an update in case anyone finds this thread if they are going through something similar. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped me in any way, even showing some good ol tough love. (always appreciated).

Take care,

Rey

Glad to hear it! Thank you for updating.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi all,

One more update, drs office called again, confirmed it was no cancerous, but they would like to perform a wider excision. The receptionist reassured me that it is standard procedure with dysplastic moles and not to worry. However, after having closed this chapter yesterday, now I am forced to open it again...no cancer is good news, but being the anxious person I am this call has put my mind in overdrive again.

Will keep this thread updated with any new information.

Thanks,

Rey

I'm glad you've had positive news, and I hope you can let this anxiety / fear go. I've been there with skin cancer anxiety before, so I understand how bad that can really feel.

I've come to realize (heard / read) and even noticed in myself over the years that - as it's been pointed out earlier in this thread - changing moles are even normal most of the time. The main thing I've always seen to look for is rapid change / rapid growth. Other, subtler changes - maybe shrinking or growing over the years, or changing colors over a longer period of time - are to be expected. Especially for certain people.

I've personally had many moles change over the years, and as far as I know I don't have any skin cancer. I've had a mole develop a light halo, fade and then completely disappear. I've had moles sort of scab and then the scab goes away and the borders are slightly softer than before. I've had moles get larger. And so on. If that helps you at all.

Thank you for your input, Bin Tenn.

Tomorrow I have this procedure, even though they told me it was not cancer I am still worried that they may find something else this time around… everytime they take samples must go to pathology, so another 9 weeks to wait for results?

I’m trying to stay rational here, but not going to lie, I am very anxious about this.

Has anyone ever had a wide excision? What was it like?

thanks for reading!

Rey

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information