Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Football hooliganism

Re: Football hooliganism

Honestly, the thing that's kept me from agoraphobia is my father repeatedly implying that I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I'm always a few steps away from agoraphobia, Blue. I've had my battles with this beast in the past and I've had to work hard to overcome it. Difference is, I had shit loads of energy then (and I didn't have fibro). Nervous energy and fitness propelled me through my life until I was 40 but things changed drastically and very quickly. It's like I ran on Duracell batteries for decades, then some git swapped them for cheapies that conk out after a few hours.
    Oh me too. Although I had it I think when I first started getting panic attacks. I’d just about go to work and the supermarket, but that was it. Anywhere else was way too much for me & it HUGELY affected my social life to the point where I lost friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Oh me too. Although I had it I think when I first started getting panic attacks. I’d just about go to work and the supermarket, but that was it. Anywhere else was way too much for me & it HUGELY affected my social life to the point where I lost friends.
    I have a great-aunty who had this too. She could only go as far as the garden gate then she'd have a panic attack. This was her life for decades. Poor bugger.

It was nice to see the Jubilee events in central London over the weekend passing peacefully with no reports of any major incidents, which I was partly dreading the thought of beforehand.

I know it wouldn't have been my problem had anything kicked off, but it's the thought of all the inevitable 'Britain-bashing' and 'laughing stock of the world' remarks being bandied around that I really would have found jarring.

And if any 'aggro' did happen to occur at any time, it must have been kept low-key by the media, and quite rightly so IMO.

Maybe it's best to concentrate on your world and what YOU are doing rather than worry about media stories/themes which don't affect your day to day life but which affect your MH negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It was nice to see the Jubilee events in central London over the weekend passing peacefully with no reports of any major incidents, which I was partly dreading the thought of beforehand.
    The only major incident for me was having to tolerate Camilla's face for four days..

Fair play to her Royal Madge, the Paddington bear in the palace sketch was pretty heart-warming and the old girl looked like she was enjoying herself, awwww.

I am torn between thinking that the Royals - with a few exceptions - are out of touch relics (not mention, nonce protectors and possible assassins) to admiring the Queen's work ethic and determination to keep reigning as long as possible to keep Charlie (who isn't going to be a popular King) off the throne..

Also, Camilla..

Spin it all ya like Buckingham Palace peeps but some of us won't ever forget her behaviour towards Diana..

As it is, I don't think there are many Royalists in our street. There was a party which turned out to be about six people sat in the road eating sausage rolls..

But yes, I'm glad there wasn't any mither because 75 years is quite the achievement..
    Last edited by NoraB; 07-06-22 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    The only major incident for me was having to tolerate Camilla's face for four days..

Fair play to her Royal Madge, the Paddington bear in the palace sketch was pretty heart-warming and the old girl looked like she was enjoying herself, awwww.

I am torn between thinking that the Royals - with a few exceptions - are out of touch relics (not mention, nonce protectors and possible assassins) to admiring the Queen's work ethic and determination to keep reigning as long as possible to keep Charlie (who isn't going to be a popular King) off the throne..

Also, Camilla..

Spin it all ya like Buckingham Palace peeps but some of us won't ever forget her behaviour towards Diana..

As it is, I don't think there are many Royalists in our street. There was a party which turned out to be about six people sat in the road eating sausage rolls..

But yes, I'm glad there wasn't any mither because 75 years is quite the achievement..
    I'm generally on the fence when it comes to royalty (neither for nor against), but on the whole it was a nice event which brought many people together the country over, even those who aren't normally fanatical about the Monarchy.

Generally speaking, I think we needed a big event like this to cheer us up after the tumult of the pandemic, Brexit, etc, during the past 2-3 years, and of course it was nice that it passed peacefully without any reports of any major 'bovver'.

Also there's the Commonwealth Games thing soon to come in Birmingham, which of course for me is much closer to home, plus hopefully provide a much-needed post-pandemic boost to the West Midlands in general.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information