Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Music from environment looping

Re: Music from environment looping

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I love the Prodigy!

I'm the self-inflicted mind detonator..

Apt lyric for HAers...
    I'm sure you were one of the lovers of that song and The Prodigy in general of whom I was collectively apologising to.

Absolutely.

I've come to realise that having the job title of 'carer' (or any job which requires care) doesn't mean that the individual is a caring person. There are a lot of abusers in positions of care and I think it's astounding at how easy it is for people to get jobs 'caring' for vulnerable people!
    Many of such sad cases seem to think that such jobs of theirs are an automatic god-given right.

Sorry but despite the fact that it pains me to see mass unemployment in general, jobs have to be earned by being done properly and tactfully as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm sure you were one of the lovers of that song and The Prodigy in general of whom I was collectively apologising to.
    No need to apologise Lenco..

I used to dance (I say dance, but I can't dance so let's just say 'throw some uncoordinated moves') with my lad (he was three) to Charly lol

Keith Flint (RIP) was a great dancer. Dude had some moves! (which is more than I can say for myself)

I read on another forum that certain individuals have been getting indignant over Kate Bush's 'RUTH' getting a massive revival in popularity and even topping the UK Singles Charts recently, bemoaning that a previously great number has now been 'stolen' and inadvertently ruined by the yoof of today!

Good god, it seems today's youngsters can't win and get it in the neck whatever the event. One minute they're being lambasted for liking and listening to rap and autotuned dance-pop, now they're being lambasted for liking and listening to certain 'golden oldies' like 'RUTH'!

As for said generation 'stealing' said song amid its current reappraisal, what a load of codswallop!

Half of the music I listened to as a teenager was from before my time. I was (and still am) a Beatles fan and they broke up a few months before I was born. Great music is like great literature and movies - timeless and to be enjoyed for generations to come.

RUTH - a song which is about men and women swapping roles so that they can better understand each other - is still as relevant today as it was in 85..

If today's generation can show RUTH the same kind of love my generation showed it in 85 (or more so as it's number one this time) then I think it's brilliant. Kudos for the kids of today for appreciating a great song when they hear it, and kudos to Kate for writing the bugger (also, allowing the song to be used in Stranger Things - as she's usually very protective of her work)

Half of the music I listened to as a teenager was from before my time. I was (and still am) a Beatles fan and they broke up a few months before I was born. Great music is like great literature and movies - timeless and to be enjoyed for generations to come.

RUTH - a song which is about men and women swapping roles so that they can better understand each other - is still as relevant today as it was in 85..

If today's generation can show RUTH the same kind of love my generation showed it in 85 (or more so as it's number one this time) then I think it's brilliant. Kudos for the kids of today for appreciating a great song when they hear it, and kudos to Kate for writing the bugger (also, allowing the song to be used in Stranger Things - as she's usually very protective of her work)
    You're dead right Nora.

I also appreciate the music by the Fab Four, despite being born in 77. It's timeless and legendary. Ditto for the likes of ABBA, Queen, etc.

Although Kate probably isn't in quite the same league as say, ABBA, in terms of mega worldwide success, I wonder if she might start to enjoy a similar reappraisal that ABBA have done since 1992 when their (now) evergreen 'ABBA Gold' compilation was first released, since they were in the popularity wilderness for over a decade since they recorded and released their (then) last 'new' material in 82?

Regarding my previous post about certain people getting indignant about the renewed popularity of 'RUTH' and the accusations of it being 'stolen' by today's popular culture, I recall a similar thing happening back around 2009-10 with Journey's 1981 song 'Don't Stop Believin'', which bombed here in the UK upon its original release (but was still a big hit Stateside first time round), and enjoyed a massive reappraisal following its appearance in 'Glee', and the original charted in the Top 10 here for the first time.

Some said since that particular moment they no longer enjoy the song 'DSB' as it was 'stolen' in a similar fashion.

But at least as far as 'RUTH' is concerned, it's still the original version from 85 in the current charts and not some crappy modern-day dance remake with autotuned vocals and the obligatory 'rent-a-rapper', which would have really spoiled it and butchered it to death!

I must admit that I was confused about what you were referring to re RUTH....and then I twigged!

Sorry..It's still One To Be Avoided in my brain!

I do find it most ironic when certain people (especially the older generations) constantly bemoan the state of modern-day pop music, but when the younger generation suddenly starts discovering and takes likings to certain 'golden oldies' from the past, the older generation that loved and remembered the original releases from first time round sometimes suddenly start disliking said songs and even start 'disowning' said songs from their collection.

When it comes to the younger generation's musical tastes, they're basically 'damned if do, damned if don't'!

Sorry, Lenco..RUTH reminds me of a particularly painful time in actual 1985.I hope this is an acceptable reason to dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I do find it most ironic when certain people (especially the older generations) constantly bemoan the state of modern-day pop music, but when the younger generation suddenly starts discovering and takes likings to certain 'golden oldies' from the past, the older generation that loved and remembered the original releases from first time round sometimes suddenly start disliking said songs and even start 'disowning' said songs from their collection.

When it comes to the younger generation's musical tastes, they're basically 'damned if do, damned if don't'!
    I disagree with this 100% In fact, I like to watch music reaction videos that are typically done by young folks (under 30) of music I grew up listening to. I find it affirming that they are just as amazed and enamored as I was back in the day. In fact, my son, (who just turned 32 is a huge Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac fan). And if they didn't like it? So what?

I do think that a lot of today's pop music is kinda 'eh' (its always been that way though) but there are many new artists and bands that I listen to and like.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information