Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I’m getting my third Pfizer shot. Feeling anxious thinking about it. I hate that when I feel anxious in public I start getting lightheaded and dizzy.

I’m not even too worried about the side effects of the shot since I already had 2. But it’s that anxiety build up that happens. My dr gave me a couple Ativan pills. They are 1mg each, to use on very anxious days. I haven’t even had to use one yet and I’m even a bit scared to try one before the vaccine.

Just hoping to hear some stories about people getting their booster shot and it going well even with anxiety! I hate those symptoms, makes me feel like I’ll faint and that’s what I worry about the most is fainting. It hasn’t happened before due to anxiety, but I guess that lightheadedness worries me.

Re: Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

The wife and I are vaxxed and boosted twice with the Pfizer vax. As with the initial shots, we had a day or so of yuck with the boosters. The 2nd got me worse than the first but like I said, a day or so later I was fine.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had Moderna for 1 & 2 jabs, didn't feel great after the first, just tired after second. Pfizer for third, didn't know I'd had it, no side effects whatsoever.

Thanks everyone! Not too worried about side effects. Just that annoying anxiety build up before getting there. Such a pain in the butt!

I'm prescribed 'ativan' 28 at a time, I didn't need them for the jab if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    I'm prescribed 'ativan' 28 at a time, I didn't need them for the jab if that helps?
    That’s good you don’t need them. I ended up going and getting it but the anxiety was so bad during work that I had to take one but it helped to take the edge off when getting the vaccine. It’s been 6 hours now, feeling pretty sleepy and body is aching a bit.

That's great you've done it. You can forget about it now. Whilst you can feel tired after the jab I expect the ramp up of anxiety and the ativan are mostly to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    That's great you've done it. You can forget about it now. Whilst you can feel tired after the jab I expect the ramp up of anxiety and the ativan are mostly to blame for that.
    Thank you! I’m proud of myself. Ativan helped so much to remain calm, but now that it’s worn off I’m slightly anxious about the vaccine side effects. Just feeling sore especially in my legs and had trouble sleeping last night so I’m tired. Need to remind myself that it’s normal and will wear off within a day or two.

Im very anxious right now. Woke up with my armpit slightly painful and swollen. I haven’t had this with my other two vaccines before. Makes me so scared even though I read it’s normal :(

My collarbone also has a slight swollen lymph node. I'm really trying not to be afraid but. I can feel myself spiralling as I type this out. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information