Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

Swollen armpit and collar bone lymph nodes two days after booster shot

Hi everyone,

I received my Pfizer booster shot on Thursday and felt generally tired and sore the next day. But now it's two days later and I noticed pain in my armpit, I looked and it's slightly swollen in my right arm that they put the vaccine in. Then I checked my neck and there is also some slight swelling in the right side.

I'm REALLY trying not to freak out but this scares me. I never had this side effect from the first two shots. The only difference is I had covid in January.
    I read that swelling in lymph nodes is normal after the vaccine, but is it normal to have both the armpit and collarbone one to swell at the same time?

I'm scared to get some delayed reaction or something weird. Anyone else have lymph node swelling after the vaccine?

Re: Swollen armpit and collar bone lymph nodes two days after booster shot

While this may not be of any real consolation to the OP, I recall having my TB jab at school back in the early spring of 1990 at the age of 12 and 3/4, and I had swelling and scabbing for over a year, plus there's still a very mild trace of the original scar some 32 long years later.

But apart from that I never felt any ill effects from said TB vaccine, let alone 3 doses of Pfizer over the course of 2021.

I don't think there was the same hysteria and paranoia about vaccines in general back then like there seems to be now, plus most people seemed to be far more laid back and trusting when it came to medical-related stuff.

Then towards the end of the 90s that odious gobsh1te Andrew Wakefield came along with his poxy BS conspiracy theories about vaccines causing ASD, etc, and many gullible people were sadly fooled into believing him, and still continue to today!

Re: Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Swollen armpit and collar bone lymph nodes two days after booster shot

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    The only difference is I had covid in January.
    I don't think I've had covid, but for my friends that did they mentioned that their first vaccine gave them pretty serious side effects (for me, both shots and the booster knocked me out). It makes sense that the booster would give you swollen lymph nodes and a crummy feeling anyway, but particularly so as your body is already on the defense after having covid so recently.

Basically, your body is working exactly as it is supposed to. I hope you are feeling better and that you can treat yourself.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I don't think I've had covid, but for my friends that did they mentioned that their first vaccine gave them pretty serious side effects (for me, both shots and the booster knocked me out). It makes sense that the booster would give you swollen lymph nodes and a crummy feeling anyway, but particularly so as your body is already on the defense after having covid so recently.

Basically, your body is working exactly as it is supposed to. I hope you are feeling better and that you can treat yourself.
    Thanks for your reasons poppy!
    Although it will be 3 weeks on Saturday and I still have the swollen lymph node especially by my collarbone. It has gotten slightly smaller, but lately it has remained the same size. I sleep on that side so I’m wondering if maybe I’m irritating it somehow. Will try to sleep on my left side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information