Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain

Re: Pain

I had sore legs a month back they went away

The burning ibs symptoms churning stomach had that on and off all week.

Generally it’s just been the achy backside. Every symptom I keep trying to relate to the muscle ache?

I can only see the mattress or anxiety as a trigger but can’t be sure

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post

I mean if it’s nothing serious I can relax but it’s been two months. Be nice to feel normal again. I admit I do sit too long during the week so that could be a cause.
    As long as you spend so much time sitting on your bum, you will have these issues, but the exercises will help so keep doing them..

Could be the mattress but not sure it would last that long.
    Try flipping the mattress over or swapping it round so that the bottom of the mattress is at the top (where your head is) See if this help?

I went down the rabbit hole in 2016 able my back got tests x rays and it never went away they never found a cause but it did go away naturally in time.
    I'm so confused...

It may be the same again well I hope waiting for that day for it go away but as I suffer anxiety right now I see it lasting forever.
    Working with the symptom (which is real) will help. Sort your mattress. Spend less time on your botty; do those exercises..

I get you though. There was a time during my bum issue where I thought I'd never be the same again. I got really down about it. But physio sorted me out and I made a point of not spending longer than 45 mins at a time on my bum. I have an alarm on my watch which reminds me to move. We're not designed to sit still for long periods; we're supposed to be active or we develop muscle issues etc

In other news...

GOB PAIN HAS FINALLY GONE!!!

It's been three months but it's finally done one! (YAY)

I think something may be going on stress wise. When I have a panic attack or very distracted the pain or ache in bottom goes. I googled it and seemingly anxiety aches don’t last that long though? Google sends me down all sorts of rabbit holes. Could the stress cause it? When I feel stressed the aches go to my chest or legs but why is the bottom ache there long term? I am too lazy to do the exercises

Muscles can be clenched when we are stressed or anxious.

I am too lazy to do the exercises
    Then quit complaining about it. I suspect that one line sums up the reason you're still here after 15 years.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-08-22 at 12:46.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When I woke today I felt the aches a little I think the new mattress isn’t great either. Saying that I often sleep on sofa.

Most of my symptoms go quick thankfully sore legs the burning all gone within weeks.

The pain seems amplified by anxiety. I think about it most of day. Pain goes when for example I have a chest pain or headache my focus switches. Or if I’m sat thinking deep about something it vanishes. If another pain makes it go could be anxiety if it was something else surely there all time?

I think the issue is I think about it daily. Google doesn’t say anxiety causes long term pains but it can cause aches. I think there’s something about the aches and anxiety. I think it’s likely cause but can’t find the posts or literature to satisfy me that it’s that. It’s almost identical to the back pain I had in 2016 it went away it’s self but I’m bored waiting.

But yes I do think it’s getting better I don’t notice it when standing 90% of time or lying it’s only 10%. Don’t notice when slouching. It’s and I’m sat upright say reading a magazine sitting straight. I see some impingements rather than worsening but I’m waiting for that magic click where it goes?

I am too lazy to do the exercises
    Well at least you're honest...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Well at least you're honest...
    Not only that the ones I found are 2 min ones quick stretch 3 times a day but the link you sent had a few. I’m not sure how long I would need to do them or how often. I’m not sure if it’s something that will do away in time without any exercises too

Not only that the ones I found are 2 min ones quick stretch 3 times a day but the link you sent had a few.
    You don't have to do them all the same day.

I’m not sure how long I would need to do them or how often.
    It took me seven minutes (one minute per exercise) and I did them daily. (I'm sure you can find a few minutes in your day to help yourself)

I’m not sure if it’s something that will do away in time without any exercises too
    Mine didn't. It got worse until I had to use a walking stick. Exercising the area was the only thing that helped the issue. I still do these exercises even though the problem isn't there anymore. Because I know it will come back if I was to sit on my @rse all day and those muscles weaken again...

It's simple really: do nothing and stay as you are (And that means having to cope with the anxiety that these symptoms create)

Do the exercises, and the problem goes away.

When I get a pain elsewhere like legs or chest pain or panic my backside pain vanishes so I wonder how much of these aches are caused by anxiety?

It’s hard to believe these pains can go away. I had pains in my legs today and sore stomach both went quick.

It amazes me how if I focus on pain elsewhere it vanishes i don’t understand that. In my mind I focus on it 24/7 that could be a cause. Sometimes I feel aches without the pain being there. Another one is I feel I can’t believe or not breathing it feels a suffocating feeling or like I’m going along not breathing hard to describe? I think alot of what I feel physically is anxiety how can the CBT help with that?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information