Thread: silent acid reflux

silent acid reflux

hi ive had a sore throat on and off since november but didn’t get it checked i’m on pregabalin and mirtazapine and just started venlafaxine 4 weeks ago i have severe anxiety i started getting burning going up my throat so got nexium then went to see gp who said it’s probably silent reflux given me lansoprazole 15mg it’s been 2 weeks and my throat is still so sore and burning on and off i also keep burping after everything i eat and drink im only drinking water my diet could be improved but i’ve had to be signed off work as my job is receptionist and it was painful to speak it’s really getting me down does anyone have any advice please?xx

Re: silent acid reflux

Look into the FODMAP diet. In addition to the PPIs, diet is important to keep reflux at bay.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

i have been eating healthy no acidic food and the gp increased my lansoprazole to 30mg and it’s burning worse and i’m getting earache now i think i’m gonna have to come off the venlafaxine it started a week after i started that new tablet :(

Maybe speak to your doctor before you come off any drugs. Have you tried normal
    Antacids after eating and before bed?

yeah i usually take a rennie after i eat a meal i took one last night and my mirtazapine made me sleepy so i’ve managed to sleep is gaviscon any good? ive just got constant bitter taste now the burning scares me im worried i’m damaging my throat and stomach etc can’t believe the lansoprazole 30mg isn’t helping and it’s getting worse thankyou for your reply i appreciate it

Thread Information