Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband is Covid positive

Husband is Covid positive

I can’t believe this is happening and I am going out of my mind with worry. My husband and I have both been so careful since the start of the pandemic but this evening he has tested positive :(

He started feeling off-colour yesterday, with a run down feeling, tiredness and what he described as a sensitive/achey all over sensation. he did a Covid test yesterday and it was negative.

This morning he woke up feeling worse, got ready to start work (he works from home) and thought as the morning went on he was feeling a little better, but then this afternoon he began to feel rubbish again.
    He has been taking his temperature and it is ranging from 38.3 to 38.6. He’s taking regular Paracetamol.

We have got two types of LFTs in the house - some of the blue and white box, and then a box of the “Flowflex” type.
    Earlier this evening, he did one of the tests from the blue and white box and it had an extremely feint positive line, in fact, he couldn’t actually see it, but I could. He then repeated the test a bit later and it was negative. So I had the idea of him trying the different type, the Flowflex ones, and this time it was unfortunately a definite positive.

I feel entirely to blame because I am currently unwell and awaiting a two week wait colonoscopy, and on Sunday I had to go to A&E, he came with me and I am guessing he’s picked it up from the hospital.

I am also, perhaps selfishly, worried about myself because I am clinically vulnerable by way of being very overweight :(. So am terrified that I will not survive if I catch his Covid, which is probably inevitable at this point.

I don’t want to lose him, I’m scared!
    He’s only 39 (I’m 40), He’s a little bit overweight but nothing significant, he doesn’t have any other underlying conditions apart from as a child he was asthmatic.

I feel so angry because I have known people who have not taken the pandemic seriously at all, and have escaped without getting Covid, yet here he is having been extremely careful and has somehow tested positive.

He’s just gone up to bed and I can hear him starting with the dreaded cough.
    I’m so worried, we’ve only been married for seven years, I thought we had our whole lives ahead of us and my anxiety is spiralling massively, please help I don’t know what to do :(

Re: Husband is Covid positive

Has he, or you both been jabbed?

If he has, he'll be fine. My aunty's husband who has a type of incurable bone marrow cancer caught covid and was fine, my MIL who is diabetic and nearly 70 caught it and was fine. My friend who is also diabetic caught it and was absolutely fine.

Pretty much everyone I know who's had Covid after being jabbed has been absolutely fine. Myself included.

Hi MrLurcher thanks for the reply - yes, we are both vaccinated plus had our boosters just before Christmas.
    I am glad to hear that everyone you know who has had it, is fine now. That is reassuring to hear (though I’m sorry to hear about your aunty’s husband‘s cancer).

I've had covid twice now, both times it's been fine. The strains going round now are much milder. Try not to worry.

I’m trying not to freak out … since last night he’s been producing yellow phlegm from his throat… he’s coughing but said he’s making himself cough to get rid of the mucus..
    he’s just spoken to the GP who has written up a course of “delayed” antibiotics.. what the GP said is for him to see how things go over the weekend and if it gets worse then he’s to start the tablets.
    The positive thing however is that his temperature has been largely back to normal since yesterday afternoon. GP said that the mucus can be a normal thing with Covid.
    Has anybody else who had Covid, experienced this symptom?
    Thanks.

I was quite mucusy first time round. It was one of the last things to go, I didn't need any antibiotics though, but after a few weeks the GP sent me for an x-ray just to be on the safe side and it was fine.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had covid a few weeks back and the last symptom to go for me was the phlegmy throat. I felt fine and all the symptoms had gone but the mucous dragged on for a week afterwards. Same with my son.

Ghost…Spillways

Of course no-one can guarantee you’ll sail through it, but everyone I know did - including my 80 year old in-laws. I had it 3 months ago and I’m older than you and asthmatic and it was no more than a mild cold.
    We are SO lucky to have had the vaccines, so fortunate to get it now rather than 2 years ago.

Also, when my partner had it I didn’t catch it…

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I've had covid twice now, both times it's been fine. The strains going round now are much milder. Try not to worry.
    Definitely Catkins.

And to the point where Covid in general (in this country at least) barely seems to be getting any news time of late.

I've noticed that the media panic about Monkeypox also appears to be dying down a bit this week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information