Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Husband is Covid positive

Re: Husband is Covid positive

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    We are SO lucky to have had the vaccines, so fortunate to get it now rather than 2 years ago.
    Coupled with the fact that the current Omicrons still remain by far the least lethal of all the different Covid variants up until now, which is of course a case of pot luck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And to the point where Covid in general (in this country at least) barely seems to be getting any news time of late.
    Let me fix that for you.

Early signs that Covid may be rising in parts of the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Shall we lock down again then due to both this latest uptick in Covid cases and Monkeypox?

Please I don’t want any arguments on my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_shoes View Post
    Please I don’t want any arguments on my thread.
    Well, I don't intend to start any.

Sorry but I only said about the lockdown thing in jest. In fact, I don't really think such drastic measures are warranted as the BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants are reportedly no more lethal than BA.2 at the very worst, plus no one is yet reported to have died of Monkeypox in this country either.

But sadly there are a couple of FMs on other forums who seem to be yearning for another lockdown, especially owing to Monkeypox, and probably still Covid too.

Anyway, I'm now done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_shoes View Post
    I don’t want to lose him, I’m scared!
    He’s only 39 (I’m 40), He’s a little bit overweight but nothing significant, he doesn’t have any other underlying conditions apart from as a child he was asthmatic.

I feel so angry because I have known people who have not taken the pandemic seriously at all, and have escaped without getting Covid, yet here he is having been extremely careful and has somehow tested positive.

He’s just gone up to bed and I can hear him starting with the dreaded cough.
    I’m so worried, we’ve only been married for seven years, I thought we had our whole lives ahead of us and my anxiety is spiralling massively, please help I don’t know what to do :(
    First thing to do: don't panic. Very easy for a random on the Internet to say that, I know.

Your situation is very similar to that of my nephew, who contracted Covid last year - the Delta variant. He's the same age as your husband, and asthmatic. He did have a few "moments" it is true, but he has recovered fully. It didn't help that he contracted Covid whilst he was recovering from a cold, poor lad (he's a teacher)! Now only his wife has escaped Covid - both his children (both under eight) have had it and I'm not sure one of them hasn't had it twice.

I can fully sympathise with the emotions you're feeling because I too have had them - I've been ultra-cautious to the point where I've been ridiculed but given my list of "co-morbidities", it would not do me any good to catch it. Anecdotally, going all the way back to 2020 I've known people live in close proximity to someone with it and not catch it.

However - I assume you're both vaccinated? I'm pretty sure that you'll both be fine. There's plenty of reassuring stories on here from people who've been through this and come through the other side. Do please keep us posted.

Hi, thank you for replying, yes for sure we are both vaccinated and had our boosters last December.

I’m really not doing great tonight, mentally not in a brilliant place at all. Worried for my husband. His temperature now seems to have gone back to normal thankfully. He feels generally really rough. He has also been coughing up a bit of yellow mucus .. he had a phone call appointment with the GP this morning about this, and I’ve been prescribed a course of antibiotics which GP has advised he should take if the mucus gets worse - but the Dr did say this can be a normal part of Covid.
    This evening, I have started to get a sore throat so I think it’s inevitable I’m getting it.. although currently I am still testing negative.
    I am dealing with a couple of things healthwise at the moment, I am currently on the two week wait for a colonoscopy.. so I’m worried about that needless to say… but also scared that I will not be strong enough to survive Covid.
    I am also on the waiting list for an endoscopy as well…! Because I have gastrointestinal issues at both ends.
    So it’s really not a very good time at the moment :(

Oh good Heavens, you really didn't need this, did you?

Well, first positive - your husband's temperature seems to be returning to normal. Paracetamol is good for reducing fever, assuming he can tolerate it. I'm not quite sure why you're being prescribed anti-biotics when Covid is a virus but sometimes it's better to take a belt-and-braces approach.

When you say that you're not sure if you're strong enough to survive Covid: you don't actually know that for certain and one thing you definitely have on your side is your youth (as well as being vaccinated, obviously).

The best thing I can say right now is log off, shut the computer/phone/tablet down and for the two of you to try to get a good night's sleep.

Night-night

Update - I’m now positive :( on the positive side at least now my husband and I can hug each other because we have been trying to stay apart!
    Currently, , the way I feel is as if I’ve got a really heavy cold rapidly coming on.
    I suspect a fever may be on its way, I feel hot to touch but also cold in myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information