Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yesterd

im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yesterd

so there was a cat yesterday outside the door meowing adorably looking for food

i opened a can of tuna and put it on the floor and tried to avoid even her touching my legs alll the time

the cat was licking the tuna inside and trying to eat it but couldn't since the tuna meat is kinda stuck

i decided to flip the can and extract the tuna meat out of the can..

so i grabbed a single plastic bag and used as glove and scared the cat away so i grab the tuna can from the sides quickly and flipping it

then immediately got rid of the plastic bag and washed my hands twice with soap

LATER i discovered i had a small not so deep wound on my index finger! i freaked out maybe the cat saliva entered my wound!!

how likely that i could get rabies from this incident??? i couldn't sleep since yesterday and i live in Jordan i can't get the rabies shot at the moment!

the cat was normal and she wasn't aggressive but her mouth corner were black or something

im really freaking out!! this is the cat image

https://i.ibb.co/kgSvN9J/7-DDDE69-E-...F6-BC00-F0.png

AND this was my wound on my fingers that i used to flip the tuna

https://i.ibb.co/0y1xMVF/580-F1251-D...D23-EFC999.jpg

i really learned my lesson and i will never get near anything no more but right now im really getting panic attacks the more i read about how horrific rabies deaths are

*i checked my wound or cut on my fingers.. i tried to spread the skin it doesn't look deep at all like i feel the cut is outside if the skin it isn't that deep.. is this something good guys?*

this is a video of her i took
    please assure me more i really want to put this panic at rest

https://youtube.com/shorts/LdF_ilQjDqY
    Last edited by belal879; 09-06-22 at 18:21.

severe panic attacks about rabies since yesterday the more i read about it

so there was a cat yesterday outside the door meowing adorably looking for food

i opened a can of tuna and put it on the floor and tried to avoid even her touching my legs alll the time

the cat was licking the tuna inside and trying to eat it but couldn't since the tuna meat is kinda stuck

i decided to flip the can and extract the tuna meat out of the can..

so i grabbed a single plastic bag and used as glove and scared the cat away so i grab the tuna can from the sides quickly and flipping it

then immediately got rid of the plastic bag and washed my hands twice with soap

LATER i discovered i had a small not so deep wound on my index finger! i freaked out maybe the cat saliva entered my wound!!

how likely that i could get rabies from this incident??? i couldn't sleep since yesterday and i live in Jordan i can't get the rabies shot at the moment!

the cat was normal and she wasn't aggressive but her mouth corner were black or something

im really freaking out!! this is the cat image

https://i.ibb.co/kgSvN9J/7-DDDE69-E-...F6-BC00-F0.png

AND this was my wound on my fingers that i used to flip the tuna

https://i.ibb.co/0y1xMVF/580-F1251-D...D23-EFC999.jpg

i really learned my lesson and i will never get near anything no more but right now im really getting panic attacks the more i read about how horrific rabies deaths are

Last edited by belal879; 09-06-22 at 18:22.

Re: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yes

You don't have rabies. That is not a rabid cat.

Re: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yes

can we tell from the look of the cat?

also that means that my touching of the can and my wound could possibly give me rabies if the cat was rabid?

thank you so much for replying tho im really freaking put and looking for any reassurances

omg the same cat came back NOW OUTSIDE the door meowing again

is this a good sign that she doesn't have rabies? since she would die or something?

No need to panic. Rabid animals look sick, and this cat is clearly friendly.

It was really kind of you to feed her.

aww thank you

i took a walk now outside and she's there friendly and doesn't look sick as you said

she doesn't drool and she's isn't aggressive at all she meows a lot and cautious when i approach her but she keeps following me

i tried to test if she's aggressive i tried to do leg movements to scare her and she does get scared and ready to run etc

right now im planning to observe my area and hopefully i find her alive from here to a week

then i can settle down my anxiety because as i read cats with rabies lives only 10 days max

If ten days pass, it looks as though you'll have found a new friend! She's so pretty!

Re: severe panic attacks about rabies since yesterday the more i read about it

i looked at my finger cut now and it doesn't look deep like i tried to spread the skin to see how deep it is and it doesn't look like it got deep to the point of blood
    like it didn't bleed and now i don't see pain or anything when i try to see the cut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information