Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yesterd

Re: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yes

I'm completely sure that isn't a rabid cat, just a hungry one.

Be brave and give her a cuddle, it'll make you both feel better.

Re: im panicking so hard and i don't know what to do.. i gave a cat a can of tuna yes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm completely sure that isn't a rabid cat, just a hungry one.

Be brave and give her a cuddle, it'll make you both feel better.
    thanks for replaying you managed to calm me down a lot

then it kicked again now.. i need second opinion from people here please

also an hour ago i went out and found the same cat she was normal i tried to observe the cat.. she can jump fine and run and get scared if i scared her she meows and i put another can of tuna for her then another cat came and took it from her and the cat didn't fight the other cat and sat there watching her eating her tuna

what do i expect from this behavior? is she normal or at least isn't rabid yet? as i understood she must be drooling and wouldn't be able to walk balanced and aggressive only THEN she can transmit the rabies right?

i observed her a lot and she is perfectly fine to me and she isn't aggressive

but i can't keep my doing out of my mind..

the tuna can she was eating from inside as i remembered i grabbed the tuna from the sides and flipped it.. i was wearing a plastic bag but i fear like what if there was holes in the plastic bag and there was saliva on the can and my fingers got the saliva into the cut and the cat were in fact having rabies!!

i know it's a bit of stretch by Health Anxiety is Hell and i need reassurance for real

good to not that i read that jordan has rabies endemic and i quote:
    23 animals tested positive (9 in 2015 and 14 in 2016). Cow and dogs represented the largest proportion (44% and 36%, respectively) followed by horse (8.0%), camel (8.0%), and cat (4%). Of all victims, one patient was diagnosed with rabies and this is the only case since 2007.

please guys what are my odds???

Quote Originally Posted by belal879 View Post
    please guys what are my odds???
    0% rabies and 100% adopted fur baby

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    0% rabies and 100% adopted fur baby

FMP

would you believe me if i told you that i took deep breath and shed a tear and cried a little from relief once i read your words and the 0% rabies? 😢

for real? is it far fetched? did you see the cat video i took? does she look rabid?

oh man i wish i can adopt her but my anxiety would never so i will continue buying her sardines and tuna

would you believe me if i told you that i took deep breath and shed a tear and cried a little from relief once i read your words and the 0% rabies? 

for real? is it far fetched? did you see the cat video i took? does she look rabid?

oh man i wish i can adopt her but my anxiety would never so i will continue buying her sardines and tuna
    I don't need to watch a video or look at pics. There's nothing in your post that indicates a risk. That said, there's a lot in your post that indicates HA and habits (like Dr Google) that are keeping you in the dragon's lair.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I don't need to watch a video or look at pics. There's nothing in your post that indicates a risk. That said, there's a lot in your post that indicates HA and habits (like Dr Google) that are keeping you in the dragon's lair.

FMP
    but how no risk? i grabbed a tuna from the sides while having a cut in my index finger.. maybe the plastic bag wasn't that good at protecting

but how no risk?
    so i grabbed a single plastic bag and used as glove and scared the cat away so i grab the tuna can from the sides quickly and flipping it then immediately got rid of the plastic bag and washed my hands twice with soap
    If you want to continue to panic about this, that's on you

FMP

If you want to continue to panic about this, that's on you

FMP
    OMG does this mean that all what protected me from an actual real rabies is the plastic bag? so if it had any holes i'm doomed?!!!!

Cat just looks friendly, and super cute! Doesn't look remotely sick to me, and it looks like it chose you to be it's new human! I WISH random cats turned up at my door.

Your scenario is extremely far fetched, near impossible. The whole thing would be super unlikely even without the fact you had plastic over your hands. You actually had plastic covering your hand when you held the can too, and you washed your hands twice afterwards. Most people wouldn't take any of those steps, and I imagine the number of people feeding adorable door-to-door tuna hunters is pretty high, considering that cats have a large percentage of the human population wrapped around their cute little paws.

Could you trap her & take her to the vets? Then you could get her checked out for cat nasties and bring her home. If you keep feeding her tuna she won’t leave you alone, and it would be a kindness to get her checked over.
    She is gorgeous & doesn’t look very rabid at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information