Thread: Nipple discharge - freaking out

Nipple discharge - freaking out

So I took off a black bra yesterday and in the left cup, I noticed a crusty white spot right where the nipple would touch, almost like dried milk, maybe the size of a pencil eraser or slightly bigger. I've been wearing the bra for several days so IDK when it appeared, but yesterday was the first time I noticed it. I went into a spiral thinking it was discharge as what else could it possibly be? I'm 46, postmenopausal and my only child is 16 so obviously not related to pregnancy or nursing. I tried to express both breasts to see if anything else would come out, and not a drop. They look just like they always do.

I had a totally clear mammogram 2.5 months ago, but I am panicking that it missed something.

Ladies, have you ever had this happen? Do I run to the doctor? Is it just one of those things?

Re: Nipple discharge - freaking out

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information