Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily mail

Daily mail

Read this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ic-places.html

Could we expect more here? Maybe one for Lencoboy?

Re: Daily mail

I gave up the mail, it was bad for my mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Read this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ic-places.html

Could we expect more here? Maybe one for Lencoboy?
    That's mostly concerning Germany, though they did briefly mention the uptick in numbers in the UK towards the end of the article.

I doubt very much that Covid deaths in this country are likely to return to the record highs of January 2021, despite us having record numbers of cases with the Omicron BA.1 and BA.2 between December 2021 and April 2022.

They do reckon the current rebound is largely to do with BA.4 and BA.5 (both of which aren't currently known to be any more deadly than BA.1 and BA.2, but perhaps more contagious), coupled with the Jubilee parties at the start of this month. Plus more people travelling on holidays, of course.

However, the graph of the latest domestic Covid cases depicted in that Daily Fail article is still way lower than back in January and March respectively, plus I doubt very much if Boris and Co will be rushing to reinstate any Covid restrictions in this country any time soon, but I'm still more than willing to be proved wrong.

I have never stopped wearing a mask so it won't be an issue for me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's mostly concerning Germany, though they did briefly mention the uptick in numbers in the UK towards the end of the article.

I doubt very much that Covid deaths in this country are likely to return to the record highs of January 2021, despite us having record numbers of cases with the Omicron BA.1 and BA.2 between December 2021 and April 2022.

They do reckon the current rebound is largely to do with BA.4 and BA.5 (both of which aren't currently known to be any more deadly than BA.1 and BA.2, but perhaps more contagious), coupled with the Jubilee parties at the start of this month. Plus more people travelling on holidays, of course.

However, the graph of the latest domestic Covid cases depicted in that Daily Fail article is still way lower than back in January and March respectively, plus I doubt very much if Boris and Co will be rushing to reinstate any Covid restrictions in this country any time soon, but I'm still more than willing to be proved wrong.
    I believe they have a new left wing government in Germany though. Maybe they think they can turn it into a mask wearing country like China as it mentioned masks to curb the flu. I remember Germany considering mandated vaccines think so maybe different cultures?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

Do you think covid is news again as Monkeypox has failed to turn into a pandemic so they can’t sell this news?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Do you think covid is news again as Monkeypox has failed to turn into a pandemic so they can’t sell this news?
    I really have no idea Phil.

One thing's for certain though; the media will always want to keep us scared and clicking/buying their newspapers.

As for Germany's talk of reinstating mask wearing, I don't necessarily think it's anything to do with leftism or communism per se, most likely as a precautionary measure during the autumn and winter months. After all, right-wing govts the world over have also imposed mask mandates on and off since mid 2020.

Doesn't automatically mean that Boris and Co will be aping them, which of course many in this country probably wouldn't take kindly to, even if it was fully justified and beneficial to us all.

The Mail is a nasty, hatemongering piece of crap created by fascists. It makes its money peddling poison and scaring people with no brains and too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The Mail is a nasty, hatemongering piece of crap created by fascists. It makes its money peddling poison and scaring people with no brains and too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Seconded.

Dare I say it, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there might be a bit of (subliminal) anti-German sentiment in the mix from that fascist rag too, which would be most ironic in many ways!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information