Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily mail

Re: Daily mail

Thirded!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Read this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ic-places.html

Could we expect more here? Maybe one for Lencoboy?
    Daily Mail is a shit rag that's only fit for rats to shit on.

Actually that's insulting to rats..(even rats have standards)

Yet people love it. Why on earth is it the number one selling "newspaper"?

What makes you choose to buy the DM, Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I used to ask myself the similar question about all those Nuts magazines and copies of The Sun (left open on page 3) I used to have to clear away in the canteen when I was a cleaner..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The Mail is a nasty, hatemongering piece of crap created by fascists.
    I mean, this pretty much nails it for me...

My mothers gets it….she knows it’s full of crap (because I regularly tell her so) and yet she still gets it. I think it’s just habit.

Ghost…Spillways

My mother gets it because she has fascistic leanings. I wish I wax s exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you need to look at the generally poor level of educational standards in the UK, P. I always viewed the Mail as a paper bought by those seeking respectability: who would have bought the Sun otherwise but were embarrassed by Kelly, 19 from Essex's tits on page 3.

It also plays into the mindset of those who have made poor life choices and now seek to blame anyone but themselves for their shit life - the ones who stuck Specky Jones's head down the bog at school and pissed about and are now stuck in a menial job - whilst Specky Jones now has a great job in Tech, a glamorous wife, a big house and a Jag on the drive.

And also, let's not forget the other end of that spectrum - the selfish "I've got all this and I don't want YOU to have any chance of having it too" mob - best summed up by the scenario of a Mail reader, a homeless person and yourself sat at a table with a plate of a dozen biscuits: the Mail reader immediately scoffs eleven of them and then turns to you, points at the homeless person and says "they want to steal your biscuit".

It's a paper for those whose lips don't move as they run their finger along the lines of text (that's the Sun). Or are dodging their coffins and pretending to fight WW2 in their heads - that's the Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think you need to look at the generally poor level of educational standards in the UK, P. I always viewed the Mail as a paper bought by those seeking respectability: who would have bought the Sun otherwise but were embarrassed by Kelly, 19 from Essex's tits on page 3.

It also plays into the mindset of those who have made poor life choices and now seek to blame anyone but themselves for their shit life - the ones who stuck Specky Jones's head down the bog at school and pissed about and are now stuck in a menial job - whilst Specky Jones now has a great job in Tech, a glamorous wife, a big house and a Jag on the drive.

And also, let's not forget the other end of that spectrum - the selfish "I've got all this and I don't want YOU to have any chance of having it too" mob - best summed up by the scenario of a Mail reader, a homeless person and yourself sat at a table with a plate of a dozen biscuits: the Mail reader immediately scoffs eleven of them and then turns to you, points at the homeless person and says "they want to steal your biscuit".

It's a paper for those whose lips don't move as they run their finger along the lines of text (that's the Sun). Or are dodging their coffins and pretending to fight WW2 in their heads - that's the Express.
    And not forgetting the 'blame culture' we live in, which spans virtually the entire political, cultural and social spectra.

As in, 'It's never my fault, it's always someone else's fault' and 'Everyone else is always wrong but I'm never wrong'!

Even (dare I say it) my own mother (bless her) has been known to have such tendencies herself in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    My mother gets it because she has fascistic leanings. I wish I wax s exaggerating.
    Well I personally perceive your views generally being the the polar opposite and indeed far more rational than that most of the time (and for the better IMO).

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information