Hi all. Just want to say thank you for such a supportive and understanding forum.
Last summer, I woke up twice to blood in my phlegm and had blood in my nose when I blew it. I just put it down to bloody nose in the night and tried to stop looking when I spit.
Then a few weeks ago I had brown phlegm and my health anxiety went into free fall. Saw a doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about. Only come back to see him if there was actual blood. I took a week off work to help with my anxiety. Then two weeks later I woke with two streaks of blood in my phelgm and no obvious cause. I went to the nurse practitioner and she said it could be infection but I've had no symptoms of infection. She sent off a sputum test and I'm still waiting for the results. I mentioned that i consulted dr Google and saw some scary stuff. She said it was unlikely to be the scary stuff. Its happened again this morning and I'm going through again.
I keep getting nausea which I always put down to taking citralopam and then sertraline. I also have been tasting blood which I spoke to a Dr about. He did a quick couple checks in my mouth and with a stethoscope and put up down to anxiety.